Turn on thread page Beta

What the heck is this on my foot?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I think my foot is diseased :eek3:

So I was just randomly inspecting the bottom of my foot... As you do :cool: .. I was bored.

I noticed a few little black dots. Thinking it was dirt (yes, I have had a shower today) I tried to pick them off but they wouldn't budge. I gave one of them a squeeze and it came out, but you can still see a bit of black in there. Then I noticed a few in another area of my foot. Intrigued I gave another one a squeeze, and then another. They popped out. But a bit still stayed in there.

Then I looked to the heel of my foot and :eek: shock horror.. there was a whole little nest of them!

Am I diseased? Or is this ground in dirt?

They don't hurt. Well... they do now I've been picking and squeezing at them... I have now stopped this... I don't want to disease my hands too!

I know there's that foot thing you can pick up in places like swimming pool showers. But I haven't been anywhere like that. I can't swim :eek:

At work I sometimes have to wear shoes other people have worn. But I always wear socks when I do this.

It's only on my left foot.

What is this? :woo: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a verruca. You can get various treatments from the chemists and I think I've read somewhere that saltwater is helpful

ReputationRep:
    I second it's a verruca. There annoying things. Just pick out all the black with tweezers, or buy some verruca cream.
    See if you can post a picture of your foot or something similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirl001)
    Sounds like a verruca. You can get various treatments from the chemists and I think I've read somewhere that saltwater is helpful
    Thats the thing I was trying to think of!

Ahh maaaannnnnn!

ReputationRep:
    stop riddling your posts with smilies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fosforpheasant)
    stop riddling your posts with smilies
    I like them! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.healthypages.co.uk/forum/...d.php?p=509768

it does sound like verrucas
    hope this helps
    xxo

I thought they only came like 1-2 at a time? Sounds like the OP has loads and i didn't know you could get so many....

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm I don't think it is verrucas. Because it isn't painful (is now I've been poking around but wasn't before), and the skin is normal - not raised or anything (just a bit of hard skin) .. just dotted with bits of black.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like your foot is turning into this :

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontWantYourBloodMoney)
    Sounds like your foot is turning into this :

AHhhh that's exactly what it looks like! Mmmmmm wouldn't mind that.

I think you may have just put me off that ice cream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GazingAtStars)
    AHhhh that's exactly what it looks like! Mmmmmm wouldn't mind that.

I think you may have just put me off that ice cream.
    Yes, but I've also made you consider cannibalism. Job well done on my part.

(Original post by Mr Incredible)
    I thought they only came like 1-2 at a time? Sounds like the OP has loads and i didn't know you could get so many....
    You can. I had loads on my foots at one point, small ones dotted all over and a cluster that looked a bit like the shape of the UK. As well as some on my hands and a few on my other foot

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it sounds like verrucas.

You can get more than 1 or 2, my sister had something like 10 on one foot They went on their own eventually.

I'm pretty sure you can get special freezing stuff for them in chemists now, whereas you used to have to go to the doctors to get rid of them.

ReputationRep:
    Then I looked to the heel of my foot and :eek: shock horror.. there was a whole little nest of them!

What is this? :woo: :eek3:
    You have verruca's, if I were you, i'd get them treated asap because if they spread further they become extremely stubborn and difficult to get rid of... Also you might want to eat more immune boosting food(such as brazil nuts/fruit etc) because my chiropodist told me that you can get them due to a poor immune system... They're so annoying!

(Original post by Mr Incredible)
    You can get loads at a time if they spread... I have seven clusters and two single ones Not good...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amizzle91)
    I'm pretty sure you can get special freezing stuff for them in chemists now, whereas you used to have to go to the doctors to get rid of them.
    I didn't realise you could get that stuff from chemists!

They are really stinging now I've been poking them. Oh maaaan. This sucks.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise you could get that stuff from chemists!

They are really stinging now I've been poking them. Oh maaaan. This sucks.
    this is really good in my experience - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Peditech-Act.../dp/B002SY1EJW

Works better than wartner and all the other foam applicator ones.

EDIT: you can get it in boots, just go to the section with all the feet related stuff

ReputationRep:
    cancer. definitely cancer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    this is really good in my experience - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Peditech-Act.../dp/B002SY1EJW

Works better than wartner and all the other foam applicator ones.

EDIT: you can get it in boots, just go to the section with all the feet related stuff
    Thank you Think I'll have to get some of that!

(Original post by Higgy90)
    cancer. definitely cancer.
    :eek3: Oh my.

ReputationRep:
    Pics or it didn't happen.

On second thoughts, **** it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2010
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.