The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

Scroll to see replies

What area of questions can you handle? By the way, i guess i don't have much question since we are in different campus..aha..again...north campus...I will be in City campus. Do you know much about city campus? ^o^
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Reply 2
Sorry, never really went down there.

We went down there once in the first few weeks to check out the bar but it wasnt great so we never went back.

But its in a nicer area than Holloway, and Guildhall was better than UNL.
Reply 3
Dude, anything's better than Holloway!!!! :biggrin:
Guildhall was better than UNL-- In what way? Environment or academic reputation?

Nemo-I though you love Holloway and North Campus so much??hehe..
Reply 5
eugenia99093
Guildhall was better than UNL-- In what way? Environment or academic reputation?

Reputation/place in the league table.
Reply 6
tiempo
Dude, anything's better than Holloway!!!! :biggrin:

True say!

I lived in the Arcade for a year, the Highbury for a year then back to Holloway/Tufnell Park for a year.

I'm going up in the world though as I'm about to move to Hackney :wink:
Reply 7
Eugenia - I like it, but I think its a dump... compared to Camden :biggrin: You see, I am a very weird person, which you must come to understand before you understand anything that comes out my mouth :biggrin:... or out my fingers on the board...

Joe3000 - do you know why LondonMet's stats and stuff aren't on the Guardian ? league table? I didn't see it last time I looked... Which was actually a while ago...
o yeah..im going to stay in Sir John Cass Hall and it is in Hackney...So whereabouts in Hackey are you going to stay in?
Tiempo- LondonMet is on league table now which i read it not long ago. But the ratio,stat and figures are not shown in the table. It is in 109th..not very sure about the position but juz somewhere around there..
Reply 10
eugenia99093
o yeah..im going to stay in Sir John Cass Hall and it is in Hackney...So whereabouts in Hackey are you going to stay in?

Have you been to Hackney before?
I wouldnt fancy it if I was moving to London for the first time, its pretty grimey.
I will be living in a flat with my mate in Hackney central.
Reply 11
Are teh leauge tables based on the uni as a whole or do they do indiviual subjects as well...?
Reply 12
I wouldnt know.

I guess there are breakdowns of the subjects taught.

From what I've heard Met is low down in all areas and that does not suprise me one bit.
Reply 13
:biggrin:
So what the education is a little crap...
People there are pretty decent :biggrin:
Reply 14
If you say so mate.

I found the whole place gave me a bit of a culture shock to be honest lol
Reply 15
culture shock?
Mate - there is no culture there!!!
Well there is, but there are just sooooo many cultures!!! :biggrin:
Where were you coming from before you came to LondonMet?
So do you not feel you got the education you wanted from the university?? Do you feel this was down to the running of the uni? You would have been there while it merged - that must of disrupted things a bit? What course did you do?

soo many questions
Reply 17
sooo little time... :smile:
Reply 18
tiempo
culture shock?
Well there is, but there are just sooooo many cultures!!! :biggrin:
Where were you coming from before you came to LondonMet?

I lived in London until I was 12 then Hampshire. I'm not proper sheltered!
I was just shocked at the kind of people they had teaching there and some of the people in my classes.

I was mostly based at Ladbroke House in the Social Sciences faculty.
But I did have a few modules in Tower which was a lot worse.
Reply 19
Well I've spent my whole life in London, so I really don't have to go on holiday to meet people from different countries - just step out into Camden!!! :smile: