Is two weeks work experience enough? Watch

lauralie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey guys, so I've got my basic too weeks work experience and I've pretty much rang up all the dentists in the county but I haven't been able to arrange any more placements. Is too weeks enough or should I go mad a bit mad :p: and phone up practices which are really far away? I'm really scared as I've heard some people have around seven weeks...
abcx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I know this doesn't help you but I want to do work experience related to dentistry to see if would be of interest to me I'm 16 do I stand much chance do you have any tips? thanks
Hello Laura!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by lauralie)
Hey guys, so I've got my basic too weeks work experience and I've pretty much rang up all the dentists in the county but I haven't been able to arrange any more placements. Is too weeks enough or should I go mad a bit mad :p: and phone up practices which are really far away? I'm really scared as I've heard some people have around seven weeks...
I think there was something for Glasgow that said a maximum of 2 weeks and the reason for that was they were aware it was difficult to find work experience. I don't know if it would hinder your application to have more than that though.

If you want more work experience (the more the better, I'd assume even though Glasgow said that -any Glasgow applicants care to confirm that??) why not phone up a hospital or orthodontics department to see if you can go there? Experience in different fields should be useful.

(Original post by abcx)
I know this doesn't help you but I want to do work experience related to dentistry to see if would be of interest to me I'm 16 do I stand much chance do you have any tips? thanks
Just get some work experience then! Phone up your own dentist and other in the area (or write to them) and ask if you can shadow a dentist for a week or so. You don't need any qualifications for work experience, just enthusiasm.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.85%
No (386)
72.15%

Watched Threads