Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have a sony ericsson k800i which i bought in august 2008 from phones 4 u on PAYG. it has been a good phone, but recently i accidently left it outside overnight, on my drive. even though there was no rain or bad weather, the battery seems to expand and the phone no longer works, even when i plug it in to mains. in fact the phone actually worked for about an hour after i collected it but half the buttons didnt work.

i looked at the warrenty and it has a 2 year warrenty, meaning its techinally still under warrenty wohoo .

i was going to get a new phone anyway, but i was wondering if there is any way to get it replaced or get a refund because i was planning on selling it either on ebay or to a site like mazuma mobile. as far as i know, i cant seem to find proof that i actually bought it in august 2008 as it was bought through the internet!

so is there anyway i can claim under the warrenty through either sony ericsson or phones 4 u?

thanks for any help guys

ReputationRep:
    ???

Poll
Do you have any savings?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.