Turn on thread page Beta

WARNING: Not for the fainthearted, it's really quite graphic and not nice. I don't even know what to call this. It's literally a lump on my vagina. And it looks rather like a pimple. I would ignore it on any other part of my body, but it is rather painful. And I did ignore it for a few days. My suspicion is that I wore these ridiculously tight suit pants and they caused a kind of rash/cut? I've never had sex so it can't be an STD. It only became worrying when it oozed thick smooth yellowy pus and then blood.
    How bad do you think it is? Any potential medics reckon it's worth the Gynaecologist? Please don't say they've seen it all before, you're right that they have but I'm extremely nervous to show anyone!!

Keep anon or delete for obvious reasons

ReputationRep:
    Go see a GP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    WARNING: Not for the fainthearted, it's really quite graphic and not nice. I don't even know what to call this. It's literally a lump on my vagina. And it looks rather like a pimple. I would ignore it on any other part of my body, but it is rather painful. And I did ignore it for a few days. My suspicion is that I wore these ridiculously tight suit pants and they caused a kind of rash/cut? I've never had sex so it can't be an STD. It only became worrying when it oozed thick smooth yellowy pus and then blood.
    How bad do you think it is? Any potential medics reckon it's worth the Gynaecologist? Please don't say they've seen it all before, you're right that they have but I'm extremely nervous to show anyone!!

It's probably because of an ingrown hair (if you remove hair from your vagina).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I've gotten these myself and on my legs aswell - they're ingrown hairs. Yours seems a bit different though and infected. Probably best to see your GP

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, get your GP to sort it out.

I've had this, it's basically a massive ingrown hair / pimple that's harmless.
    Mine turned out to be almost cyst-like though, but it went away after it burst.
    Ewwwwwwwwww.

Yeah I get these on the odd occassion. Right on the outside lip, yeah?
    I get these just on the very bottom of my bum aswell.
    I enjoy squeezing them, 'cus that's just me :lol:

Thanks everyone...
    Yeah, after all the pus and blood came out it stopped hurting. I think the swelling's gone down as well. I'll see whether it goes away completely over the next few days, and if it doesn't I shall indeed visit my GP.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    "Pimples" are common in any area of the body where there is hair. You are wise to visit your GP if it doesn't improve after a few days (as a normal spot would), as this may mean it is infected, or there is something else causing the spot.

Hope your mind has been put to rest

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.