The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Reply 1
I hate to say it, but so far, its Mathematics for Netoworking (MA1009)
- I liked maths
- It was held on a Friday afternoon so I was always pleased when it was over!!
- lecuturer was a joke :smile:
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Reply 2
In what way was he a joke?

Wasnt prof Tang was it?

I had him for Hypertext and Hypermedia.
Reply 3
I had Dr.Singh - He had a lisp, he looked like an Asian version of Santa clause, and he was generally a funny bloke :smile:
He was teaching us something... asked us a question about it, and we didn't know what he was talking about - so he just says "Ahh I might as well go home and become a suicide bomber..."

We sat there for a bit wide eyed... a few chucckles and we all joined in... IN fear...

Tang... NOII
I had him for Hypertext and thingy bob as well!!
Did he always talk about his Unix / linux experience and how great he was for the job?
He never replied our emails reguarding our work :frown:
Reply 4
Yeah thats the Tang.
He could barely speak english it was just about understandable to the english students but as most people at Met do not speak english as their first language it must have been hell. His favourite catch phrase was "I FAIL YOU I HAVE POWER" meaning he was the module leader and he could fail you if he wanted to which he shouted anytime someone questioned him. He proper shafted one of my mates on his coursework which was the start of the end for him and culminated with him dropping out. When people used to say to Tang "I can't understand your language" he used to reply "yes HTML language is hard to understand" not realising they meant his pidgeon english!

Joker!
Reply 5
Oh god... the English.....
My mate just went off the rails... and when he laughs... I cry... :biggrin:
Reply 6
What happened?
Reply 7
He kept on saying Fire... instead of file... and my mate just started singing firestarter mimicing his accent...

bit stupid, but I was a little high on caffine :biggrin:
Reply 8
Thats gold!

I laughed at first then I cried when I realised it wasnt just some redneck tramp of the street and was actually the lecturer talking about HTML.

I still got an A and did a few of my mates coursework and got them As too.

You should see the russian person who teaches Maya in the 3D animation module.

He is just as bad excpet he is teaching something way more complex.

In the first week a student asked if we could see some previous years work to gauge what was expected of us. He just went to Finding Nemo site and showed us a trailer and said "like that but less good, yes yes?".
Reply 9
Mate, my first year, my first electronics lesson...
I meet some guy who had taken a previous course and taught by the same teacher as me so we spent our first few days bad mouthing him.
Anyway - we were sat in the lecture hall...
Moda Hussien? Heard of her?
Well she walks in (I did not know at the time) and I turn to him and ask "Dude, whats the cleaner doing in here...?"
She then turns to us and introduces her to us...
Ouchy >.<
This guy in front of us turns around and gives me a shocked look.... :biggrin:
Reply 10
Lucky she didnt hear.
Or maybe she did but didnt speak english!
Reply 11
she didn't hear...
And she doesn't understand us most days anyway!!! Trying to ask her a question was difficult! She replied with even more questions!!!!
Reply 12
It really is quite shocking inst it.

Part of me is like, fair play if they managed to blag a lecturing job at a uni without basic english or teaching skills, well done. But then part of me is like, who the f*** interviewed these people?
Reply 13
HAHAHHA :biggrin:
They guy who interviewed her probably didn't know the words "get out of here"...

Latest

Trending

Trending