The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Been wearing many low cut tops in the sun? Sure it aint just a patchy tan in between?
Reply 41
Yeh am sure its not a tan, i dont really wear many low cut tops :frown:
Reply 42
SirRamAlot
Too much motorboating?

aarrrgh you beat me to it :rofl:

Anyway, pics.
Reply 43
Try Bio-Oil. Works on uneven skin tones.

http://www.bio-oil.com/en/uneven_skin_tone/index.html
Reply 44
I have this, it's clearly from wearing a bra for years. Don't worry.
Omg i have the same problem and ive had it for over a year. Im just going to try and book an appointment soon
Reply 46
I'v been using bio oil for a few days now, will carry on.
Ill let you know if theres any improvementss ..
Reply 47
Ok today i picked up the courage to go to the doctors.

I described what was wrong and they gave me 'Nizoral Shampoo' which is effectively for dandruff but apparently might work on my skin. She explained that it might be due to having a fungal infection, excess of yeast on the skin. So i'm going to try this for about 4weeks and let you know :smile:
They gave you nizoral to put on your SKIN?? How random.

You should've asked for a referral to a dermatologist. In my experience (and I have fairly extensive experience) GP's are clueless when it comes to skin. Ask to see a dermatologist.
Reply 49
That's what im planning to do is this Nizoral fails me.
So far i have read many good reviews all over the net on this product, so hopefully it works ...
Anonymous
Ok today i picked up the courage to go to the doctors.

I described what was wrong and they gave me 'Nizoral Shampoo' which is effectively for dandruff but apparently might work on my skin. She explained that it might be due to having a fungal infection, excess of yeast on the skin. So i'm going to try this for about 4weeks and let you know :smile:

If it's due to fungal excess, I would've presumed that they would have prescribed you Selsun Shampoo, rather than Nizoral, as it's more effective?
Reply 51
Anonymous
If it's due to fungal excess, I would've presumed that they would have prescribed you Selsun Shampoo, rather than Nizoral, as it's more effective?

I have no idea, havent heard of it ...

UPDATE: Iv been using Nizoral since Monday and the patch has DEFINETELY gone lighter. It hasnt gone but its definetely gone a little lighter. I have even had my sister and mum look and they think there has been a slight improvement so hopefully it carries on
Sounds like a heat rash, try changing your bra.
Hey, im 16 and suffering from the same problem for almost 4 years now. the skin between my breasts is dark and wrinkled. At first even i thought it was dirt, cause i sweat alot from all my outdoor activities and sports, so i tried various scrubs, cleanser, moisturizing cream, but nothing seemed to work. it gets a little light right after shower and again by evening or next day its black again. :angry:

I dont know what to do :s-smilie: and its really embarrassing. I cant wear any tops that are even a little low. I asked my mom about it when i first noticed, even she wasnt sure about it. :frown::frown:

Please help. Thanks in advance!

(and it isnt tan or bra problem)
I have the same problem its embarassing but its do to not eating right and im starting to eat right to see if it goes away
I also have this issue
Have you found out yet what's wrong?
It could be PCOS. I have it and the symptoms are difficulty losing weight, hair growth, dark spots, and irregular periods. I have the same spots between my boobs and birth control helped me regulate it. PCOS is when you have too much testosterone production and it creates cysts on your ovaries. Go to your gyno and get evaluated. In severe cases you can get t blockers like the use for trans women. I have a friend with PCOS and she has a full on beard, like better than most men can grow but she embraced it.
Reply 58
Original post by Anonymous
I've tried exfoliating, first i thought it was because i wasnt cleaning the area properly but i have been trying for the last couple of months to exfoliate and clean everyday and its still not improving.

I would sayy for about a year?

I thought I was the only one with this problem, makes me so self conscious. I remember a couple years ago I was breaking out between my breast and this dark patch is the after result. I’ve tried exfoliating and cleaning propaply for a year now and nothing has changed!!
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!! ive literally tried exfoliating, ive tried not wearing wired bras, ive tried moisturising daily. but nothing seems to be working! and honestly i feel ver self conscious about it too. I really like wearing clothes that have a bit of cleavage but it just bugs me that my cleavage isnt clear as other girls'.

Latest