Dublin Watch

star_5
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I'm going on a 3 day trip to Dublin over the weekend and was wondering if anyone could suggest stuff to do (particular interest in history, but I'm going with my sister who likes shopping :p: ). Thanks.
JCM89
Report 8 years ago
Visit Grafton Street and Georges Street for the shops and head over to TCD for some nice buildings and a decent second hand bookshop.
letsdothetimewarpagain
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've not been but really want to go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilmainham_Gaol
Apocalypte
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Do the Viking Splash Tour if you get a chance, it's a tour of the city by World War 2 landing craft, and you're given out viking helmets.

Also check out Dublinia, it's up beside Christchurch Cathedral and it's a pretty cool exhibit about Dublin's Viking history.
mike_mike
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The Museum of Holochaust in Berlin should appeal you since you're into history.
letsdothetimewarpagain
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mike_mike)
That's good considering Berlin is bloomin miles from Dublin

Although I do agree :p:
marcusfox
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by star_5)
I'm going on a 3 day trip to Dublin over the weekend and was wondering if anyone could suggest stuff to do (particular interest in history, but I'm going with my sister who likes shopping :p: ). Thanks.
If your from Northern Ireland you will already be familiar with the Easter Rising - no matter what your views on the political situation, visit all the sites (quick google) Kilmainham Jail where they were shot, check out the bullet holes in the pillars of the GPO, etc.

Shopping - Templebar, Grafton St, St Stephen's Green.
mike_mike
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
That's good considering Berlin is bloomin miles from Dublin

Although I do agree :p:
At least I made you and me smile, I just read it wrongly
Organ
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mike_mike)
lol

Seeing as your in Dublin I recommend Ellis Island, the forbidden city is always worth a peek.
danny1mcc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
I've not been but really want to go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilmainham_Gaol

Good shout, its a bit out of the way though but deffo worth it. The tour of crokes good too.
star_5
Rep:
?
(Original post by marcusfox)
If your from Northern Ireland you will already be familiar with the Easter Rising - no matter what your views on the political situation, visit all the sites (quick google) Kilmainham Jail where they were shot, check out the bullet holes in the pillars of the GPO, etc.

Shopping - Templebar, Grafton St, St Stephen's Green.
Yeah I was planning on visiting the GPO and will look into going to Kilmainham Jail, sounds interesting
stratty1234
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I went to Dublin a couple of years ago to watch my football team play against Ireland and went to Temple Bar afterwards and was easily the most expensive night out I've ever had.

I think I spent roughly £350 that night, I was drinking all day and in the evening my senses deserted me. :lol:

Was a good night though, surprised I even remember it.

Lovely city, will go back sometime in the next few years.
star_5
Rep:
?
(Original post by stratty1234)
I went to Dublin a couple of years ago to watch my football team play against Ireland and went to Temple Bar afterwards and was easily the most expensive night out I've ever had.

I think I spent roughly £350 that night, I was drinking all day and in the evening my senses deserted me. :lol:

Was a good night though, surprised I even remember it.

Lovely city, will go back sometime in the next few years.
haha my budget does not extend quite that far! :p:
jo62
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Dublin....the home of leprechauns.
stratty1234
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by star_5)
haha my budget does not extend quite that far! :p:
My budget didn't but when you are p***ed an overdraft is the most wonderful thing in the world. :lol:
star_5
Rep:
?
(Original post by stratty1234)
My budget didn't but when you are p***ed an overdraft is the most wonderful thing in the world. :lol:
:p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (98)
25.52%
No (286)
74.48%

Watched Threads