Have You Got The Gap Year Blues? Watch

This discussion is closed.
emmz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
I think I am starting a new thread that should attract a few responses. I am very bored at home, at the moment. I am applying for some work at a number of Law firms but I have no idea how this will turn out. And with only months to go till starting Uni I am at least 4 stone or so overweight (yes fat I suppose!) not helped by the Christmas period - but then I am a vegan - go figure! Anyway I am still awaiting the replies of four unis - LSE, UCL, King's, and Durham - for Law - but I have unconditional offers from SOAS and Essex for Law. I do hope other users will respond to this thread and share their feelings about what can be a difficult period in someone's life especially if it is enforced by missing offers the first time round! Thanks
yea im taking a gap year next year. i suppose a good thing about a gap year is unconditional offers. many ppl at college have pressure on their grades.
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by emmz)
yea im taking a gap year next year. i suppose a good thing about a gap year is unconditional offers. many ppl at college have pressure on their grades.
Hi emmz, I totally agree cos the pressure was on me the first time round with my offers and I ended up missing two offers with the same conditions. Now at least I have a year to prepare for life at uni!!!
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by emmz)
What do you plan to do on your gap year? I’ve got a thing arranged to teach kids in china English for a whole year. I'm a bit daunted but the prospect of being away from home for a whole year but I reckon it will be worth in the long run as I will be much more independent and confident. Also, it will be a once in a lifetime opportunity.
emmz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by iiikewldude)
What do you plan to do on your gap year? I’ve got a thing arranged to teach kids in china English for a whole year. I'm a bit daunted but the prospect of being away from home for a whole year but I reckon it will be worth in the long run as I will be much more independent and confident. Also, it will be a once in a lifetime opportunity.
i want to get some experience in healthcare along with making a bit of money frm a part time job. i doubt id get in uni going straight frm college coz my predicted grades arnt high enough so hopefully the experience will help a bit
sue123
Report 15 years ago
Sue your cynicism is very cutting. Actually I am trying (but failing) to be facetious. Do not mistake having a laugh for having an over-inflated view of myself. The fact that I am even on a Gap Year telling you guys I am miffed should tell you that I am being self-deprecating and that I am not that conceited in reality
ok m8. i was just makin a point.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by sue123)
ok m8. i was just makin a point.
No probs - we are all friends here
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Matt, thank you for ur congrats on the offers. By the way you have got to stop making silly assumptions about my person because as you correctly point out you have never met me. And could you please stop imagining that I have a small willy because (1)anyone would think you are suffering from the inferiority of a small willy (2) you are making me feel uncomfortable. Other than that you're doing fine mate
(1) That may be so or it may not, i can not say because i have never seen, or touched another. So that just leaves me wondering how you know? Oh wel...l now i know i'm probably giving you a wonderful opportunity to let us all know of your sterling relationship skills and incomparible sexual experience, but oh well, so be it.

(2) You should feel uncomfortable because it seems that you have joined an educational forum in order to exibit yourself, through a series of egomaniacal self praising statements. I feel that you are here under the visard of an innocent overweight, but athletic, student. Where as you are actually a scheming carnal predator, who has the wonderful tool of a thesaurus to show some kind of eloquence.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Matt the cat)
(1) That may be so or it may not, i can not say because i have never seen, or touched another. So that just leaves me wondering how you know? Oh wel...l now i know i'm probably giving you a wonderful opportunity to let us all know of your sterling relationship skills and incomparible sexual experience, but oh well, so be it.

(2) You should feel uncomfortable because it seems that you have joined an educational forum in order to exibit yourself, through a series of egomaniacal self praising statements. I feel that you are here under the visard of an innocent overweight, but athletic, student. Where as you are actually a scheming carnal predator, who has the wonderful tool of a thesaurus to show some kind of eloquence.
shut up - you have some big inferiority complex, go and jack off to pictures of imaginary gfs and leave him alone.
Sasha D
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think I am starting a new thread that should attract a few responses. I am very bored at home, at the moment. I am applying for some work at a number of Law firms but I have no idea how this will turn out. And with only months to go till starting Uni I am at least 4 stone or so overweight (yes fat I suppose!) not helped by the Christmas period - but then I am a vegan - go figure! Anyway I am still awaiting the replies of four unis - LSE, UCL, King's, and Durham - for Law - but I have unconditional offers from SOAS and Essex for Law. I do hope other users will respond to this thread and share their feelings about what can be a difficult period in someone's life especially if it is enforced by missing offers the first time round! Thanks
You sound like you're waiting for something to happen. I assume you are willing to make a change in the way you're spending your time now. Get your ass onto a last minute flight website and i stress you book yourself and a travel buddy a flight to oz. Me and my sister did it last year....seriously...do it! Stay in a youth hostel 4 the first few nights then get a job fruit picking (meanial i know but hey! @ least u get paid) then get travelling! You take what you need and most people are happy to give an english traveller a helping hand (eg we got free meals for a week when we agreed to sing on stage for a barowner whos act had bailed ' the last minute.)
GO! Go somewhere...anywhere...u'l regret it if u dnt!
starry
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i want to go to africa now
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
shut up - you have some big inferiority complex, go and jack off to pictures of imaginary gfs and leave him alone.
I'm afraid i'm going to have to dissappoint you JSM. As much as it seems you want me to, i'm not going to do anything over pictures of girls, and i'm sorry if i have offended you so much that it has provoked such a hateful response, fickle little boy
Sasha D
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

!Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

~Round of applause~
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by starry)
i want to go to africa now
I would love to go there also, I would like to go to Tunisia most of all, and one day i will. Although my gap year is over for now
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm afraid i'm going to have to dissappoint you JSM. As much as it seems you want me to, i'm not going to do anything over pictures of girls, and i'm sorry if i have offended you so much that it has provoked such a hateful response, fickle little boy
oh so you prefer boys do you, theres nothing wrong with that. However, there is no need to mask your own insecurities by being rude to a stranger. Yes i too have insecurities, i am scared of you being a paedophile. That is all though.
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
oh so you prefer boys do you, theres nothing wrong with that. However, there is no need to mask your own insecurities by being rude to a stranger. Yes i too have insecurities, i am scared of you being a paedophile. That is all though.
I can guarantee you that Matt is not gay and does not have any insecurities in his manhood
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
I can guarantee you that Matt is not gay and does not have any insecurities in his manhood
then why is he having a go at some random bloke
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Matthew stop playing around with this lil boy, you have work to do! Now get off the forum!!!!!!
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)

Because this "random" bloke, pm-ed me....!You want to see his pm?
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well i won't show it on the forum, but i think he is rather desperate. So i believe Matt's comments are rather apt actually.
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
Because he is being rather rude
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (904)
79.93%
Leave (227)
20.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed