The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Kurdt Morello
i am a vegan so i probably have 20 more than everyone else

yea, but to be fair i would much rather die twenty years earlier chomping on innocent animals, than later sucking on grass and lettuce.
Reply 141
munchie_rox
yea, but to be fair i would much rather die twenty years earlier chomping on innocent animals, than later sucking on grass and lettuce.

well said
munchie_rox

hmm
Kurdt Morello
hmm

no really.
munchie_rox
no really.

u wouldnt say that after 30 when ur skin begins to wrinkle lol
Reply 145
Kurdt Morello

some people are so shallow
Kurdt Morello

rather have wrinkly skin than no life, and crap food.
JSM
some people are so shallow

damn straight
Hiya Kurt

I'm currently on a gap year also, and can concur with your sentiments. You tend to embark on a gap year with high hopes about how it will be one big learning experience and how it will change you as a person.

It never crosses your mind that the year may just pass by and end up being just ''fine, alright, average''. I personally have started feeling rather nervous-Was this wise? Why didn't I go to university like all my friends?

I did want a break from studying as I was turning stale, however I didn't want to drift aimlessly through the year. Yet I have found it hard to motivate myself and stick to my original plans.

Anyhow, recently, I've decided to be more pro-active about things instead of sitting around waiting for something miraculous to happen. It won't. It's never too late, in fact many people I've heard from are just about to do their ''round the world'' trip.

Once I sort out the financial side of things (I will win the lottery!) I really want to make the most of the remaining few months.

I've started reading the books recommended on the medical prospectus -and am feeling smug knowing that I'll have a headstart in the course.

Remember-even if you feel that your initial plans have fallen through and you've just stuck to the treadmill there is still plenty of time to take action. I am determined that my CV won't end up having gaps on it. I want to market my experiences effectively and convince future employees that my time spent was time spent wisely

Latest

Trending

Trending