The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Phalanges

Harry potter? :teehee:
S-man10
Harry potter? :teehee:

I did just change it because it seems pretty evident that it's only a really small part of a screencap (hence the godawful pixels behind it), but yeah you're right. :yy:
Phalanges
I did just change it because it seems pretty evident that it's only a really small part of a screencap (hence the godawful pixels behind it), but yeah you're right. :yy:

:rofl: I said that as a joke. What a wild guess!!
S-man10
:rofl: I said that as a joke. What a wild guess!!

Well, it was either going to be something like Harry Potter or something a lot nastier. Who would ever have thought that memory strands and semen looked so similar? :p:
Phalanges
Well, it was either going to be something like Harry Potter or something a lot nastier. Who would ever have thought that memory strands and semen looked so similar? :p:

Its not memory strands, its hair (at least I think). Semen is a bit thicker. :p: Which HP film was it from?

I just saw the dumbledore-esque hands, a vile with something magical, alas it was HP. Thought about LOTR for a second though.
S-man10
Its not memory strands, its hair (at least I think). Semen is a bit thicker. :p: Which HP film was it from?

I just saw the dumbledore-esque hands, a vile with something magical, alas it was HP. Thought about LOTR for a second though.

Hair? I thought it would be the stuff that gets put in the pensieve? That would place it as either the 5th or 6th Potter films I think, but most likely the 6th (as that is when memories start being incorporated which aren't directly from Dumbledore, so would need to be stored). I don't think I've seen the 6th film (or at least I can't remember it if I have) so I'm not sure if the scenes are represented there though. They will never live up to the books, so I try not to watch them.

Although I did have the DVD of the first, and when I was little I used to watch it so much. I found the hidden quiz on the menu once and went mental.

And speaking from a medics point of view, semen can be many different colours and consistencies. :fyi:
Phalanges
Hair? I thought it would be the stuff that gets put in the pensieve? That would place it as either the 5th or 6th Potter films I think, but most likely the 6th (as that is when memories start being incorporated which aren't directly from Dumbledore, so would need to be stored). I don't think I've seen the 6th film (or at least I can't remember it if I have) so I'm not sure if the scenes are represented there though. They will never live up to the books, so I try not to watch them.

Although I did have the DVD of the first, and when I was little I used to watch it so much. I found the hidden quiz on the menu once and went mental.

And speaking from a medics point of view, semen can be many different colours and consistencies. :fyi:

I thought it was hair, but I dont remember correctly though. I havent seen the 6th film myself, and dont really remember the 5th one all that well. They never really live up to the books, but as you read the books, you imagine this sort of magical world in you head, and I only wanted to see that imagination become material. Never really cared for the story anyway.

:rofl: I still have the DVD of the first. It was :awesome: back then. Watched it soo much. Which film have seen the most number of times?

I dont think a clean and healthy person will have yellow coloured semen. I maybe wrong though...
(edited 13 years ago)
S-man10
I thought it was hair, but I dont remember correctly though. I havent seen the 6th film myself, and dont really remember the 5th one all that well. They never really live up to the books, but as you read the books, you imagine this sort of magical world in you head, and I only wanted to see that imagination become material. Never really cared for the story anyway.

:rofl: I still have the DVD of the first. It was :awesome: back then. Watched it soo much. Which film have seen the most number of times?

I dont think a clean and healthy person will have yellow coloured semen. I maybe wrong though...

You didn't care for the story? When I was growing up, I loved the story. I genuinely thought I was going to get an owl on my 11th birthday. :p: But I agree - anything that causes you to create in your head, when you see someone else's interpretation it will never be as good. I'm a big fan of the Discworld books, but I think they're practically unfilmable because the characters I have in my head and the world they inhabit would never be able to be recreated in real life. I tried to watch the Sky One adaptations they made and I just couldn't bear it, they seemed terrible to me. That's one edge books have over films; films are someone's vision, books can be your own.

Which Harry Potter film? Probably the first, I never got any others on DVD and I've only seen them once or twice. If you mean which film have I seen the most time in general, I have no idea. I go through phases, when I was about 8 my parents only had like 10 videos, and I watched them all so often. I pretty much knew You've Got Mail word for word. :colondollar: Nowadays I watch far more films, and consequently a lot fewer times, although I've seen the Fellowship of the Ring a lot.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that semen can range from transparent through white to yellow while still not being an indicator of disease. I don't want to google it to try and find a source though for obvious reasons... :p:
Phalanges
You didn't care for the story? When I was growing up, I loved the story. I genuinely thought I was going to get an owl on my 11th birthday. :p: But I agree - anything that causes you to create in your head, when you see someone else's interpretation it will never be as good. I'm a big fan of the Discworld books, but I think they're practically unfilmable because the characters I have in my head and the world they inhabit would never be able to be recreated in real life. I tried to watch the Sky One adaptations they made and I just couldn't bear it, they seemed terrible to me. That's one edge books have over films; films are someone's vision, books can be your own.

Which Harry Potter film? Probably the first, I never got any others on DVD and I've only seen them once or twice. If you mean which film have I seen the most time in general, I have no idea. I go through phases, when I was about 8 my parents only had like 10 videos, and I watched them all so often. I pretty much knew You've Got Mail word for word. :colondollar: Nowadays I watch far more films, and consequently a lot fewer times, although I've seen the Fellowship of the Ring a lot.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that semen can range from transparent through white to yellow while still not being an indicator of disease. I don't want to google it to try and find a source though for obvious reasons... :p:

No no, the I didn't care for the twisted story in the film. I already read the books so I knew what was gonna happen. So I just watched to see how the Great Hall would look like. Should have just gone to Oxford. :sigh: I do agree that books going to films can gerally never live up to your imagination, but this is sort of more towards those where a fantasy or an imaginary magical place is created. The ones where everyone is human, generally might work. Some of the more Oscar type films are generally adaptations from a particular book (I could be wrong).

Yeh, good old times. I remember watching a lot of cartoon films. The Lion King was awesome and one of my favourites. :moon:

And keep the medical textbook to yourself. :hand:
(edited 13 years ago)
S-man10
No no, the I didn't care for the twisted story in the film. I already read the books so I knew what was gonna happen. So I just watched to see how the Great Hall would look like. Should have just gone to Oxford. :sigh: I do agree that books going to films can gerally never live up to your imagination, but this is sort of more towards those where a fantasy or an imaginary magical place is created. The ones where everyone is human, generally might work. Some of the more Oscar type films are generally adaptations from a particular book (I could be wrong).

Yeh, good old times. I remember watching a lot of cartoon films. The Lion King was awesome and one of my favourites. :moon:

And keep the medical textbook to yourself. :hand:

I know of about 6 colleges which all claim to have had Harry Potter filming in them. :ahee: I think the actual finished product seen in the films is some horrifically botched mesh of a load of colleges.

Although I have never read the books, I've heard that the Lord of the Rings are pretty decent adaptations mainly because they cut out a lot of the irrelevant crap while staying pretty faithful in the important bits. I think the problem with a lot of adaptations is that the makers either don't seem to know the story well enough and so don't show it as much respect as it deserves, cutting bits out that should be kept (Harry Potter) or the makers are obvious fanboys so try to make it perfectly and it ends up just being a mess that nobody but fanboys will understand or enjoy (Watchmen).

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the line "Some of the more Oscar type films are generally adaptations from a particular book". :unsure:

I was never really a Lion King kid, I was always more into Beauty and the Beast/Jungle Book/Snow White.
What are people's opinions of Michael Moore? I'm just watching Capitalism: A Love Story...
Phalanges
What are people's opinions of Michael Moore? I'm just watching Capitalism: A Love Story...

What you're watching is by far his weakest work. I like him for making Bowling for Columbine.
S-man10
x

You are supposed to post the next pic. :ninja:
Phalanges
I know of about 6 colleges which all claim to have had Harry Potter filming in them. :ahee: I think the actual finished product seen in the films is some horrifically botched mesh of a load of colleges.

Although I have never read the books, I've heard that the Lord of the Rings are pretty decent adaptations mainly because they cut out a lot of the irrelevant crap while staying pretty faithful in the important bits. I think the problem with a lot of adaptations is that the makers either don't seem to know the story well enough and so don't show it as much respect as it deserves, cutting bits out that should be kept (Harry Potter) or the makers are obvious fanboys so try to make it perfectly and it ends up just being a mess that nobody but fanboys will understand or enjoy (Watchmen).

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the line "Some of the more Oscar type films are generally adaptations from a particular book". :unsure:

I was never really a Lion King kid, I was always more into Beauty and the Beast/Jungle Book/Snow White.

I dont even know why I said that line.

Jungle book was good. But Snow White, Beauty and the Beast are chick flicks FFS.
win2kpro
You are supposed to post the next pic. :ninja:

I shall pass.
Madjackismad
What you're watching is by far his weakest work. I like him for making Bowling for Columbine.

I wouldn't say that it is by far. He raises some decent points in it, it's just that he never delivers the final blow, it has no conclusion.

What I constantly find to be amazing is the way that if you criticise America in any way, you automatically become their enemy and they are out to destroy you. And it's not even the big people like Michael Moore, the Dixie Chicks became hate figures for one comment. I think it's a testament to Moore that he's still making films, despite so many people being out to get him. And there's a passion running through all of his works that any old hack documentary maker just can't emulate.

S-man10
I dont even know why I said that line.

Jungle book was good. But Snow White, Beauty and the Beast are chick flicks FFS.

I'm sorry I wasn't as masculine a child as you just because I didn't sit around all day watching He-man. :colonhash:

And Snow White wasn't a chick flick, it was ******* terrifying watching it as a small child. You have these seemingly pleasant dwarves who sing songs but by the end of it are *Spoiler Alert* committing extreme vigilantism by chasing the witch to the top of a mountain before she plummets to her death. You can't get much more harrowing than your cartoon heroes being accessories to manslaughter.
Phalanges
I wouldn't say that it is by far. He raises some decent points in it, it's just that he never delivers the final blow, it has no conclusion.

What I constantly find to be amazing is the way that if you criticise America in any way, you automatically become their enemy and they are out to destroy you. And it's not even the big people like Michael Moore, the Dixie Chicks became hate figures for one comment. I think it's a testament to Moore that he's still making films, despite so many people being out to get him. And there's a passion running through all of his works that any old hack documentary maker just can't emulate.

I'm sorry I wasn't as masculine a child as you just because I didn't sit around all day watching He-man. :colonhash:

And Snow White wasn't a chick flick, it was ******* terrifying watching it as a small child. You have these seemingly pleasant dwarves who sing songs but by the end of it are *Spoiler Alert* committing extreme vigilantism by chasing the witch to the top of a mountain before she plummets to her death. You can't get much more harrowing than your cartoon heroes being accessories to manslaughter.

Masculine? :nah:

You missed out on the awesome stuff. Ninja turtles :coma:

It was a damn chick flick. Any film which has a princess, that needs a kiss from a prince to come back from the dead, its a chick flick. :colonhash:
S-man10
Masculine? :nah:

You missed out on the awesome stuff. Ninja turtles :coma:

It was a damn chick flick. Any film which has a princess, that needs a kiss from a prince to come back from the dead, its a chick flick. :colonhash:

Plenty of non-chick flick films have people whose deaths spark outpourings of emotions followed by their resurrections. If a wizard dies and a hobbit grieves only for the great man to walk again in the next film, is that a chick flick? No; your derogatory and hypocritical jibes at a princess tell me one of two things - you are either a misogynist or an anti-monarchist. Either way, using films to support your own agendas is wrong.

Plus the animals of the forest help Snow White do the cleaning to a tune. There are few things cooler than that.

I've just remembered my favourite children's movie by the way - Bambi. A beautiful film in every way.
Reply 2098
Going to try a new type of "game". Instead of screenshots, let's try movie quotes! No idea if this will work but it's worth a shot.

First up:

Well, this piece is called ‘Lick My Love Pump.’

And FYI, a kitten will die if you use Google (or any other search engine).
(edited 13 years ago)
Roobsa
Going to try a new type of "game". Instead of screenshots, let's try movie quotes! No idea if this will work but it's worth a shot.

First up:

And FYI, a kitten will die if you use Google (or any other search engine).

Spinal Tap. Anyone who had to google that should be ashamed. :p:

"The AK47; For when you absolutely positively have to kill every ************ in the room"

Latest

Trending

Trending