The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

dior
Isn't Bertolucci's Il Conformista the most visually stunning and striking film you have ever seen???

Bladerunner is the one film that took my breath away with every shot.

S-man10
Seen? Never heard of it.. :holmes:

It's basically a lesson in fascism. It's worth a watch if you're into politics.
Reply 2241
S-man10
Seen? Never heard of it.. :holmes:

Enjoy!

Phalanges
Bladerunner is the one film that took my breath away with every shot.

It's basically a lesson in fascism. It's worth a watch if you're into politics.

It was illustrated in a very cool/controlled way. :yes: Like moving pieces around a chessboard.

I thought the scenes on the train were beautiful - the poetry Marcello recites to his wife on the way to their honeymoon was just... :heart:
(edited 13 years ago)
I really dislike Juno.
I saw Juno in the cinema when I was about 12, didn't understand most of the 'funny bits' that everyone else was laughing at. Watched it since then and it still isn't funny or interesting or a particularly good film. So yeah, I dislike it as well, Seanisonfire.
(edited 13 years ago)
Ape Gone Insane
Have you seen oldboy?

I watched oldboy last night... :eek4:

Spoiler

Ironically, I still haven't watched 300.:facepalm2:

I am really tempted to go and watch Wall Street atm...
(edited 13 years ago)
S-man10

300 and Wall Street are both thoroughly enjoyable.
Phalanges
300 and Wall Street are both thoroughly enjoyable.

Thoughts on Wall Street 2?
(edited 13 years ago)
S-man10

Dunno. It has both Stone and Douglas reprising their roles which can only be a good thing, and after some disappointing festival showings it seems Oliver Stone was given free reign of editing it which will have hopefully made it better. Plus it's got Josh Brolin, Frank Langella and Carey Mulligan in it, and I really like all of them.

The only one I'm not sure about is Shia LeBeouf, not only does he not have the charisma that Charlie Sheen has but I just don't find him talented. I'd much preferred to have seen someone like James Macavoy in the role.

Overally, I'm going to reserve judgement until I've seen it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Man I hate Shia LeBeouf. Though I blame Hollywood for picking him out and ramming him down everyone's throat.
Seanisonfire
Man I hate Shia LeBeouf. Though I blame Hollywood for picking him out and ramming him down everyone's throat.

He's the new Keanu Reeves. Inexplicably phenomenally successful, despite nobody really knowing why.
Phalanges
He's the new Keanu Reeves. Inexplicably phenomenally successful, despite nobody really knowing why.

I once read he is one of the few people who is allowed to call Steven Spielberg 'Steve'. I kinda liked him when he was on the TV show 'even stevens' tbh.

Get the invite btw?
Phalanges

Yeah I think it's a case of Hollywood executives creating fame, they pick a blank canvas and just spread him everywhere. Then hey presto you've got a superstar who hasn't really earnt it.
Phalanges

At least Shia can do more than one facial expression though...

Spoiler

vitamortis
I watched oldboy last night... :eek4:

Spoiler

I know! I think it's part of a trilogy? Not sure...
Ape Gone Insane
I know! I think it's part of a trilogy? Not sure...

Yes, there seems to be three movies around the concept of vengeance: Sympathy for Mr Vengeance (2002), Oldboy (2003) and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance (2005).

I am going to watch Sympathy for Mr Vengeance tonight. The reviews for it are brilliant, and I just hope it is as masterfully filmed as Oldboy!
(edited 13 years ago)
S-man10

You haven't seen 300? GTFO.
S-man10

Greed is good. :yes:
Anyone watched the first and second episodes of Boardwalk Empire? :holmes: A HBO series created by Terence Winter, with Scorsese as an executive producer and starring Steve Buscemi. :borat:

Latest