The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I care about this eternally glorious and highly esteemed society jon. :fyi:
Hi peoples. I like film. It's good. I don't get to go to the cinema as much as I like, but I still watch a whole load of film.
Robin Williams is annoying in everything except Aladdin. Ben Affleck is a perfectly fine actor, Shakespeare in Love and Good Will Hunting come to mind as performances with nothing wrong with them. I want my own conema. That's all.
Ape Gone Insane

He's right. :moon:

Who? :holmes:
Ape Gone Insane
What were your thoughts on One Hour Photo?

I have it at home, I meant to watch it before I left home but didn't. I was looking forward to potentially being proved wrong about Williams though. I'll watch it with an open mind because he doesn't automatically ruin a film, unlike some. (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, NICHOLAS CAGE)
Cage is a fine actor with a terrible, terrible agent.
The only film where I think I have enjoyed Cage in, was probably, Face Off. no others really come to mind.
Reply 2447
Cage is good in Moonstruck. :h:
Nicholas Cage is just the same as Samuel L Jackson; they've been in so many movies, they're undoubtedly going to have been in some good and some bad.
Ape Gone Insane
Stranger. :poke: How's life?

Wuhay! Ape! :h:

Life is good man.. busy and hectic but good! :top:

How are you? :teeth:
Reply 2452
While watching The Social Network tonight, I saw an interesting trailer for a Mexican cannibal movie called We Are What We Are. Has anyone here seen it?
Cage was sublime in Adaptation. I quite enjoy his other films though. The man is unintentionally hilarious and thus fantastic meme fodder. :coma:
Reply 2454
Watched The Hangover yesterday. :rofl: Probably watching Reservoir Dogs tomorrow. :excited: And One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest in the next couple of days. :coma:
(edited 13 years ago)
Most recently, I've watched The Book of Eli, There Will Be Blood, State of Play and American Gangster.

Book of Eli was quite good, although I didn't like the ending. There Will Be Blood was very weird, and I'm not sure if I really got the point of it. Then again, I was half asleep throughout, so maybe that isn't surprising. State of Play was a pretty good investigative-reporters-discover-conspiracy thing, although some of it left me underwhelmed. American Gangster was just plain good - but that's what we expect from Ridley Scott, right?
Reply 2456
This is what I've decided I'm going to do with my ridiculously large DVD collection.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/barelyfitz/sets/72157603093089870/
win2kpro
Wuhay! Ape! :h:

Life is good man.. busy and hectic but good! :top:

How are you? :teeth:

Glad to hear it :h:. The life of a medicine student, I can imagine, my medicine friend never has time for pool or tennis. :sad:

Good, bogged down in law stuff. :teeth:

It's my birthday today as well so :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2458
What did people think of the new Film 2010?

Personally I rather enjoyed it, but then again I'm biased as I have a MAJOR girl crush on Winkleman! :h:
Kolya
While watching The Social Network tonight, I saw an interesting trailer for a Mexican cannibal movie called We Are What We Are. Has anyone here seen it?

What did you think of it (The Social Network)? :holmes:.

Latest