Woah.

Salt - 8/10
Salt was okay.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Salt was okay.

Watch 12 Angry Men. :p:
Time to get off TSR. :work:

Original post by Phalanges
Completely agree, dicks who think it's cool to hate on mainstream things really piss me off. I ended up defending Avatar way more than I normally would simply because I didn't think it deserved all the hatred it was getting.

Is it cool to hate on Twilight though? I want to be cool. :puppyeyes:

Original post by Madjackismad
Watch 12 Angry Men. :p:

Watch 12 Angry Men or do revision for impending exam. :unsure: I feel like you are leading me down the wrong path, Jacques. :shifty:

:p:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Time to get off TSR. :work:

Is it cool to hate on Twilight though? I want to be cool. :puppyeyes:

Watch 12 Angry Men or do revision for impending exam. :unsure: I feel like you are leading me down the wrong path, Jacques. :shifty:

:p:

12 Angry Men is about the world of Law. It could get you in the right mindset to study!

It's okay to hate on Twilight though. It genuinely is the biggest piece of poo poo...
Reply 4168
I'm getting Tron tomorrow; mainly because everyone's been saying Legacy will be amazing. :yep:
Original post by Abiraleft

I'm getting Tron tomorrow; mainly because everyone's been saying Legacy will be amazing. :yep:

Where from?
Reply 4170
Where from?

A friend. But I'll probably be watching it a bit later - in a week or so...
(edited 13 years ago)
If I was to make a film in which the central plot was that to kill this all-powerful being the main protagonists had to go on a fetch-quest for 7 items where a good 60% of it was traipsing around the world, creating vastly elaborate plans for one or two things before in what appeared to be a really rushed ending all of the others magically ended up in the same place and I could ad-lib my way around messing **** up, people would crucify me.

Harry Potter gets away with so much ****. The latest film has a worse story than Avatar, and yet nobody seems to ever mention that.

The films also miss a massive trick in my opinion, retrospectively. The books work because you enter this magical world. You can never replicate that on screen. Instead, each film is starting to look progressively more and more like a book which has been filmed. Someone should have had the balls to flip perspective and focus on these kids growing up, throughout this entire decade. Nobody has ever done that before, and it would have created something really memorable. **** fanboys. David Yates has flashes where he looks as if he's going to do this, but ultimately bottles it.
If I was to make a film in which the central plot was that to kill this all-powerful being the main protagonists had to go on a fetch-quest for 7 items where a good 60% of it was traipsing around the world, creating vastly elaborate plans for one or two things before in what appeared to be a really rushed ending all of the others magically ended up in the same place and I could ad-lib my way around messing **** up, people would crucify me.

Harry Potter gets away with so much ****. The latest film has a worse story than Avatar, and yet nobody seems to ever mention that.

The films also miss a massive trick in my opinion, retrospectively. The books work because you enter this magical world. You can never replicate that on screen. Instead, each film is starting to look progressively more and more like a book which has been filmed. Someone should have had the balls to flip perspective and focus on these kids growing up, throughout this entire decade. Nobody has ever done that before, and it would have created something really memorable. **** fanboys. David Yates has flashes where he looks as if he's going to do this, but ultimately bottles it.

Would you go on a killing spree if a Fallout movie was made? :holmes:
Reply 4173

If it makes you feel any better, I'd probably have hated it if I could be bothered to watch it. :smile:

Btw, why did you ask me about where I was getting Tron from?
Original post by Madjackismad
Would you go on a killing spree if a Fallout movie was made? :holmes:

It would never work. They'd pitch it awkwardly between humour and action and nobody decent would want to do the script, which would rid it of all it's potential. Not to mention that Fallout works primarily because you are the character, you can project whatever you want on to him and watch those actions shape the world. In a movie you'd get this taken away; and I don't want to watch someone play like a hero for 2 hours when I know I'd have got pissed off with some guy a lot sooner and just blown their town into the sky.

I want to see someone make more films on Chuck Palahniuk's work, and I want to see a biopic made about Stu Ungar. I want them to leave alone everything else I like in other media, and give me new interesting things instead. :p:

If it makes you feel any better, I'd probably have hated it if I could be bothered to watch it. :smile:

Btw, why did you ask me about where I was getting Tron from?

Just curious, after Disney's panic moratorium I'd have been very impressed if you'd managed to buy it from anywhere.
Just curious, after Disney's panic moratorium I'd have been very impressed if you'd managed to buy it from anywhere.

I have it on my hard drive ready for when I have a moment.
It would never work. They'd pitch it awkwardly between humour and action and nobody decent would want to do the script, which would rid it of all it's potential. Not to mention that Fallout works primarily because you are the character, you can project whatever you want on to him and watch those actions shape the world. In a movie you'd get this taken away; and I don't want to watch someone play like a hero for 2 hours when I know I'd have got pissed off with some guy a lot sooner and just blown their town into the sky.

I want to see someone make more films on Chuck Palahniuk's work, and I want to see a biopic made about Stu Ungar. I want them to leave alone everything else I like in other media, and give me new interesting things instead. :p:

I agree. I don't think a Halo movie will work either now that Microsoft have announced that it is very much on their cards. It would be interesting if Peter Jackson was involved again, even better if he actually directed it, but the main protagonist of the games is Master Chief, who doesn't speak much at all and wears a helmet all the time. If they can nail a Saving Private Ryan style movie that is on the same scale of the Halo Reach game and every other game rolled into one, then it would be so so good. :coma:

But that will never happen. Not in my opinion. :sad:
Iron Sky has finally entered production. If you don't know what it is, you should:

Oh hell yeah.
Reply 4178
Iron Sky has finally entered production. If you don't know what it is, you should:

Oh hell yeah.

Erm...

Original post by Roobsa

Original post by Roobsa
Erm...

It's a film where Nazis leave earth a day before they lose the war after discovering anti-gravity technology to go and hide on the dark side of the moon until 2018 when they decide to reinvade.

Who is to say that's not what the Third Reich's super-secret-space-base in the Antarctic actually looked like?

Latest