The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sheep_go_baa
I wouldn't dream of having a LOTR marathon if not watching the extended versions:biggrin:

Excellent! I went 7 years without having watched an extended edition. Only recently discovered/watched them. :biggrin: Some parts are so good. :ninja:

Spoiler

I want to watch Catfish, anyone seen it yet? I think it'll be good. Loved Social Network and I know this isn't similar but still.
Original post by ultimategamer
I want to watch Catfish, anyone seen it yet? I think it'll be good. Loved Social Network and I know this isn't similar but still.

But still what? You're right, they aren't similar, so what's the relevance?
Original post by Jace Falco
But still what? You're right, they aren't similar, so what's the relevance?

They both have Facebook as a central motif.
Original post by ultimategamer
They both have Facebook as a central motif.

You were suggesting that you'd like Catfish because you liked The Social Network. Doesn't really add up.

Anyway, Catfish is brilliant, and yes, you should watch it.
You were suggesting that you'd like Catfish because you liked The Social Network. Doesn't really add up.

Anyway, Catfish is brilliant, and yes, you should watch it.

K good. As I don't have a facebook account, I find anything to do with it fascinating.
Just watched Tron (1982). The more I reflect on it, the more I realise how I could have spent those 90 minutes doing something worthwhile, like getting pissed.
Reply 5527
Just watched Se7en. I enjoyed it, but Brad Pitt's acting in it could only be described as decent at best - especially next to Freeman and Spacey. Even Paltrow's acting is better imo.

Just watched Tron (1982). The more I reflect on it, the more I realise how I could have spent those 90 minutes doing something worthwhile, like getting pissed.

I agree, there are plenty of faults to find with it. However, for me it wasn't as hard to appreciate as I expected - I wasn't expecting a great movie by any standards, but I thought I wouldn't be able to digest any part of the movie at all.
Reply 5528
Original post by elisabethbridge
Man, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest was brilliant!! I started watching it without really expecting anything and boy, did it grip me. Powerful stuff. Straight up there with my all time favourites. The Chief is a total legend of a character.

Spoiler

Read the book, it's even better (imo). :yep: And I'm not quite sure how you could sit down to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest without expecting anything. :lolwut:

And I agree, the ending is :coma:
Original post by Abiraleft
Read the book, it's even better (imo). :yep: And I'm not quite sure how you could sit down to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest without expecting anything. :lolwut:

And I agree, the ending is :coma:

Okay, I kind of failed expressing myself there. I obviously expected a good film, having heard a lot of praise. I think what I tried to say was, I didn't really know much about the plot at all, or had never seen any clips or a trailer so everything I saw was completely new to me. Wrong choice of words, my bad. Might check the book out at some point when I have time.
Hi, I like films too.
I watched The Bourne Identity the other day, which was great. The action is engaging, the acting is great, and it's pretty subversive. Maybe it's just my love for Euro-thrillers though.
Ah Love Actually, no matter how many times Ive seen it, it always manages to cheer me up :smile:
I really can't stand Love Actually
Original post by Seanisonfire
I really can't stand Love Actually

You're not the only one! Wimminz film, anyway...

Just watched Hard Boiled (1992), John Woo action movie. Not half as good as I remember :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)
Star Wars marathon. :coma::coma:

Just watched Se7en. I enjoyed it, but Brad Pitt's acting in it could only be described as decent at best - especially next to Freeman and Spacey. Even Paltrow's acting is better imo.

Disagree, Pitt's performance in is exactly what is required for the role. It's a solid, well grounded performance compared to his more showier roles in things like Fight Club, but he handles it very well. Without him the ending wouldn't have anywhere near as much resonance.
Reply 5536
Original post by Phalanges
Disagree, Pitt's performance in is exactly what is required for the role. It's a solid, well grounded performance compared to his more showier roles in things like Fight Club, but he handles it very well. Without him the ending wouldn't have anywhere near as much resonance.

I don't really agree, the things he did were all right but I feel he could (and subsequently should) have done them better. I just felt he looked very amateurish.
Original post by MrCarmady
Hi, I like films too.
I watched The Bourne Identity the other day, which was great. The action is engaging, the acting is great, and it's pretty subversive. Maybe it's just my love for Euro-thrillers though.

It's good but I prefer Ultimatum tbh. Desh was a legend.
Reply 5538
Any suggestion for a nice tragedy or horror film for tonight? It would be great if it was a British film, I'm trying to understand the British accent and I'm getting better! :tongue:
Reply 5539
Original post by MJay91
Any suggestion for a nice tragedy or horror film for tonight? It would be great if it was a British film, I'm trying to understand the British accent and I'm getting better! :tongue:

28 Days Later?

Latest

Trending

Trending