Scroll to see replies

Reply 6100
films wot i have seen recently and thought were good:

127 hours
true grit
somewhere
black swan

watch these films :yy:
I will be going to see Another Year in about a week as a neat post-exam reward. sweeeet.
Reply 6102
Original post by Sanyore
I will be going to see Another Year in about a week as a neat post-exam reward. sweeeet.

Me too. HPPH represent.
Does anyone here buy Blu-Rays?

Is it worth getting a Blu-Ray player and paying more for Blu-Rays over DVDs?

On topic: If you like Mark Rufallo and Ethan Hawke (probably two of my favourite actors, so when I found this I was like :shock:), I recommend: What Doesn't Kill You. :smile:
Saw Say Anything (1989) yesterday and it was truly beautiful. Funny, romantic in a sweet way not in a cheesy way and one just could not stop smiling while watching it it just awoke that happy feeling that you get inside..

it was interesting seeing john cusack so young too :tongue:
Watched a legendary film which which ends in Hard yesterday....? :bigsmile: - I'm probably going to be ejected from the society for not having watched it before :tongue: It was absolutely brilliant.
Original post by The Stig
Watched a legendary film which which ends in Hard yesterday....? :bigsmile: - I'm probably going to be ejected from the society for not having watched it before :tongue: It was absolutely brilliant.

I wanna say Die Hard? In that case u prolly should see the second, third and fourth, they're all great even though some say that the last one sucks I think it's really cool "did u just kill a helicopter with a car?" or something like that... :tongue:

nah I dont think so, as long as u watch films regularly I think u still may be in the thread..though what took u so long?
Original post by MizzCupcakes
I wanna say Die Hard? In that case u prolly should see the second, third and fourth, they're all great even though some say that the last one sucks I think it's really cool "did u just kill a helicopter with a car?" or something like that... :tongue:

nah I dont think so, as long as u watch films regularly I think u still may be in the thread..though what took u so long?

Yep, you guessed correct :tongue: - The third one being on TV was what prompted me to watch it as I thought I'd start from the beginning and make my way through.

I watch A LOT of films however I've only seen 18 out of the top 250 so it seems I'm not watching the good films :colondollar:
Reply 6108

I haven't watched it yet :ninja:
Reply 6109
Anyone seen the film Magnolia? That has to be one of the best films I've ever had the pleasure of watching.
Original post by beecher
Me too. HPPH represent.

:gangster:
Yep, you guessed correct :tongue: - The third one being on TV was what prompted me to watch it as I thought I'd start from the beginning and make my way through.

I watch A LOT of films however I've only seen 18 out of the top 250 so it seems I'm not watching the good films :colondollar:

:ahee: ok well better now than never :wink:

hmmm...what top 250 list? :curious:
Reply 6112
Original post by maskofsanity
Does anyone here buy Blu-Rays?

Is it worth getting a Blu-Ray player and paying more for Blu-Rays over DVDs?

On topic: If you like Mark Rufallo and Ethan Hawke (probably two of my favourite actors, so when I found this I was like :shock:), I recommend: What Doesn't Kill You. :smile:

I've got a blu-ray player, but only buy my very favourite films in blu-ray, and the Disney classics as they release them.

The other thing I like about blu-ray players is that they upscale the quality of normal DVDs, so better quality all round! :cool:
Original post by Abiraleft

Jailtime!!! Film police! Thread police!!! come arrest this lunatic!!

nah u wont get penalized! I think :rolleyes:
Original post by AAJ
Anyone seen the film Magnolia? That has to be one of the best films I've ever had the pleasure of watching.

I love Magnolia, the acting is superb.
Original post by Abiraleft

:shock: :p:

Original post by MizzCupcakes
:ahee: ok well better now than never :wink:

hmmm...what top 250 list? :curious:

http://www.imdb.com/chart/top
Die Hard and Die Hard 2 are awesome, Die Hard With A Vengeance follows the wrong formula but is still awesome, and Die Hard 4.0 is stupid, but awesome.

right...but doesnt that change like all the time? it's not really consistent...it u should count something it prolly should be the books called 100 must-see films which includes many of these but still..
but I have seen some of them :wink: I havent seen the godfather though :colondollar: hehe what will happen to me ehehe... x)
Original post by Madjackismad
So, how does it square against The King's Speech? :holmes:

Hmmm, they're quite hard to compare. They fit quite nicely as companion pieces though - King's Speech is all about making the mundane exciting whereas 127 Hours takes the unbelievable and tries to ground it.

I would probably say that The King's Speech is the more complete film and the "better" one overall, but if James Franco doesn't get the Oscar for best actor the academy will have made a serious mistake. Both really worth a watch.

Original post by cambo211
I raise you 2 free cinema tickets :p:

I'll see that and raise you free press screenings. :wink:
Original post by Jace Falco
Die Hard and Die Hard 2 are awesome, Die Hard With A Vengeance follows the wrong formula but is still awesome, and Die Hard 4.0 is stupid, but awesome.

haha yeah nicely put stupid but awesome xD so true

Latest