The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by unknownking321

Will Banksy accept the award if when he wins an Oscar? :iiam:

I wouldn't have thought so. But then I imagine Charles Ferguson has that award wrapped up anyway so we'd never have found out.
Original post by Christien
:awesome:

Is This It? is still probably the best album of the 2000's tbh. That, Funeral or Turn On The Bright Lights.

They were really all in the same year!!!?? Man, what a year. Love all three :coma:
Original post by Phalanges
I wouldn't have thought so. But then I imagine Charles Ferguson has that award wrapped up anyway so we'd never have found out.

I need to watch Inside Job.
:awesome:

Is This It? is still probably the best album of the 2000's tbh. That, Funeral or Turn On The Bright Lights.

There's no question mark. :pierre:

And it's probably my most cherished album. First time I heard it was when I was 8, when it came out and my dad bought it. :p:
Original post by pinkpenguin
They were really all in the same year!!!?? Man, what a year. Love all three :coma:

Well, same decade, but close enough. :p:
Original post by Madjackismad
There's no question mark. :pierre:

And it's probably my most cherished album. First time I heard it was when I was 8, when it came out and my dad bought it. :p:

Sorry. I always forget that. :colondollar:
Original post by pinkpenguin

No, Funeral was released in 2004 and Turn on the Bright Lights was released a year after Is This It, in 2002.
Watched Run Lola Run for the first time yesterday - I have to say, it really blew me away! The acting was great, the cinematography was just unbelievable, and the story line was really very interesting :smile: it really opens up the whole argument of chance vs. fate...plus her hair was really cool :tongue:

On an unrelated note, what do we think of the Oscar nominations?
Personally, I think that the competition is really tight this year! I can't call it at all. :confused:
Sorry. I always forget that. :colondollar:

Haha, I was only messing around. There is no question mark though, and I think 'Nite' is NYC slang or something like that.
Accumulator:

Colin Firth (actor)
Annette Bening (actress)
Christian Bale (support)
Hailee Steinfeld (support)
David Fincher (director)
The Social Network (film)
Biutiful (foreign language)

odds of 75.24/1 :teeth:

Where did you get these odds? I can't see any multiples on Betfair and Coral. :holmes:
Original post by Madjackismad
Haha, I was only messing around. There is no question mark though, and I think 'Nite' is NYC slang or something like that.

Yeah, despite playing fast-and-loose with the question mark I used to get really annoyed when it was labeled 'Last Night' on Limewire. :colondollar:
I need to watch Inside Job.

It's really, really good. And it's got gravitas, and a very respectable pedigree. It's probably as much of a sure thing as Colin Firth is, tbh.

Original post by katey_doodles
Personally, I think that the competition is really tight this year! I can't call it at all. :confused:

You do realise we've all been talking about them for a page or two? :p:
It really is a shame Interpol's last album sucked so hard.

Where did you get these odds? I can't see any multiples on Betfair and Coral. :holmes:

Victor Chandler, only place I can see which has the majority of awards and the place for accumulators.

Although I know very little of betting (I literally only do the Oscars every year :p:) and I know you do more so if you have any tips on betting types or sites I'm all ears. :teeth:

You do realise we've all been talking about them for a page or two? :p:

I'm just after realising, yes.
Boy, do I feel dense :blushing:
Yeah, despite playing fast-and-loose with the question mark I used to get really annoyed when it was labeled 'Last Night' on Limewire. :colondollar:

Hahaha. The reason I think it's NYC slang is because in the Watchmen comic book, the Night Owl is called 'Nite Owl'. It might be an 80s thing or something.
Watched Run Lola Run for the first time yesterday - I have to say, it really blew me away! The acting was great, the cinematography was just unbelievable, and the story line was really very interesting :smile: it really opens up the whole argument of chance vs. fate...plus her hair was really cool :tongue:

I need to watch Run Lola Run again soon. :yes:

My predictions:
The Social Network
Colin Firth
Natalie Portman/Annette Bening
David Fincher
Christian Bale
I think best actress and best supporting actress are the only big ones that are still reasonably open. And possibly best picture, depending on how much the publicity machine for the King's Speech, goes into overdrive.

It's always pretty tight. Colin Firth should get Best Actor, but you never really know with these things.
I'd quite like them to shake it up and give Inception the Best Picture, just because it's so different. Can't see it happening though.
Original post by Student2806
It's always pretty tight. Colin Firth should get Best Actor, but you never really know with these things.
I'd quite like them to shake it up and give Inception the Best Picture, just because it's so different. Can't see it happening though.

I agree with you on both points :smile:
I do love Colin Firth, I'd like to see him with the Oscar (especially after not getting it last year for what I thought was an incredible performance).

My predictions:
The Social Network
Colin Firth
Natalie Portman/Annette Bening
David Fincher
Christian Bale

I agree with you here, (especially on Natalie Portman - she's a clear leader in that section imho, but I know others may disagree) but I'm with Student2806 with regards to Inception. I'd love for it to get Best Picture, but I doubt it will.

Latest

Trending

Trending