The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Everyone MUST watch INFERNAL AFFAIRS on channel 4 tonight, if you haven't seen it. Awesome film.

Plus I wanna see people's opinions on it.
Original post by Madjackismad
Infernal Affairs is on Channel 4 tonight.

Hot Fuzz is on ITV.

Damn right Infernal affairs bloody good film.
Going to Leicester Square tomorrow, gd film to watch, bearing in mind I haven't seen any of the new ones, if we can't see King's Speech?

REMINDER: WATCH INFERNAL AFFAIRS TONIGHT
Original post by yokabasha
Going to Leicester Square tomorrow, gd film to watch, bearing in mind I haven't seen any of the new ones, if we can't see King's Speech?

REMINDER: WATCH INFERNAL AFFAIRS TONIGHT

BLACK SWAN

is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen - I just came back from seeing it a 2nd time. Do it. You know you want to. DOOO ITTTT.
What shall I watch tonight, folks?

Kubrick's 'A Clockwork Orange' OR (the original) The Stepford Wives???
Original post by LabyrinthWonder
What shall I watch tonight, folks?

Kubrick's 'A Clockwork Orange' OR (the original) The Stepford Wives???

How about infernal affairs? it's on channel4
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
BLACK SWAN

is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen - I just came back from seeing it a 2nd time. Do it. You know you want to. DOOO ITTTT.

I've seen it three times already :colondollar:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7868
Oswy
Qfa

Watched The Wind that Shakes the Barley last night, really liked it. It perhaps isn't as good as it could be - a couple of cliched dialogues and the acting is a bit off in places (though that could be expected, Loach only hires actors that are actually from the setting of the movie, and thus doesn't often hire recognized ones) - but really strong for the most part, and the content (and contradictions) is very interesting as well. Recommended. :biggrin:

Original post by MrCarmady
2 hours 40 that feel like 6 - a panto DDL performance that overshadows how much of a nothing the film really is. Beautiful visually, though.

I don't really get it. I thought the content/plot was magnificent, a very subtle critique of a culture. Why exactly did you feel it was so bad? :confused:

SO MANY OF THEM! Wow...

I know it is AWESOME! :awesome:
Original post by Abiraleft

I don't really get it. I thought the content/plot was magnificent, a very subtle critique of a culture. Why exactly did you feel it was so bad? :confused:

Subtle? Really?
Original post by JessicaW

Original post by JessicaW
Oh, I thought that was out next week! Yeah, I'll probably go and see that tomorrow then. Also want to watch Brighton Rock.

It's pretty good, although it would probably be better on DVD than in the cinema.

Brighton Rock seems almost impossible to find in a cinema near me.
Just watched The Fighter. :boxing: Bale is the in-form man. :yes:
Has anyone seen Irreversible? I think I want to watch it, but I've heard things...
Original post by gingerrama
Has anyone seen Irreversible? I think I want to watch it, but I've heard things...

:yes: You heard that there is an anal rape scene in the film? :holmes: :yes: There is one.
Original post by unknownking321
:yes: You heard that there is an anal rape scene in the film? :holmes: :yes: There is one.

Yeh, that's the one. Something about a fire extinguisher too (don't tell me :nooo:) I don't want it to scar me for life tbf...
Original post by gingerrama
Yeh, that's the one. Something about a fire extinguisher too (don't tell me :nooo:) I don't want it to scar me for life tbf...

Well, put it this way: you won't be scarred like the characters in the film are scarred.
Reply 7877
Original post by MrCarmady
Subtle? Really?

Well, yes. I think the film is a slow burner in the truest sense of the term; it doesn't smack the message in your face - or at least that's how I felt. I feel that I was conveyed the overall theme bit by bit.
Reply 7878
Sweet, film soc is showing Oldboy.
Original post by channy
Sweet, film soc is showing Oldboy.

Man, that film is ****ed up.

Latest