The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jace Falco

Is it you that keeps recommending Arrested Development? You were right, it's brilliant :yep:

Yeah, it's fantastic.
Original post by Madjackismad
Yeah, it's fantastic.

Going to give it a watch, it looks good. Can't understand why it was cancelled, though? It seems have a large following and is rated highly.
Original post by The Stig
Going to give it a watch, it looks good. Can't understand why it was cancelled, though? It seems have a large following and is rated highly.

Yeah, it has a large cult following. However, Americans at the time didn't agree and neither did Fox; it just wasn't pulling in the ratings.
Did someone say Arrested Development :teeth:
Original post by Student2806

Hey, hermano.
Original post by Student2806

No, I don't think so.
Anyone watch Film 2011 with Claudia Winkevoss? pretty good...I liked the episode when the guy on the show said he didn't like Black Swan.
She does pull off the smokey eye look very well. :yes:
Reply 8208
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Anyone watch Film 2011 with Claudia Winkevoss? pretty good...I liked the episode when the guy on the show said he didn't like Black Swan.

I enjoy it.

I like that Claudia gives the 'simpleton' average cinema goer view, and then Danny Leigh gives the film buffs a little of what they want. The contributions from the regular critics are cool too, the 'Top 5' countdowns etc.
Clint Mansell is doing the Mass Effect 3 score :coma::coma::coma:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by cambo211
Michael McWhertor is doing the Mass Effect 3 score :coma::coma::coma:

Clint Mansell is?
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Clint Mansell is?

I copypasted failed :colonhash:
I copypasted failed :colonhash:

Ah, understandable. :tongue:

Yeah, it's fantastic news. Finally, a proper composer. Mass Effect 2 didn't have any memorable tracks. Going to be good.
Original post by unknownking321
She does pull off the smokey eye look very well. :yes:

yeah she does doesn't she. quite the looker, she looks slightly ridiculous when she's overly tanned though

and aja89 agreed - I like the show, it's not exactly the same level as Jonathan Ross' Film show but it's alright, I think it's refreshing that they don't always pander to the popular critically acclaimed films like Black Swans, they have differing opinions etc
Original post by lukejoshjedi
yeah she does doesn't she. quite the looker, she looks slightly ridiculous when she's overly tanned though

and aja89 agreed - I like the show, it's not exactly the same level as Jonathan Ross' Film show but it's alright, I think it's refreshing that they don't always pander to the popular critically acclaimed films like Black Swans, they have differing opinions etc

She often looks as though she's had one too many to drink.

The word I'd use to describe the show is 'okay'. :yes:
Clint Mansell is doing the Mass Effect 3 score :coma::coma::coma:

That game cannot arrive quickly enough.

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Ah, understandable. :tongue:

Yeah, it's fantastic news. Finally, a proper composer. Mass Effect 2 didn't have any memorable tracks. Going to be good.

Didn't stop it from being the best game in history.
Watching The Ladykillers (2004).

A title soon to be stolen. :cute:
Has anyone seen The Spirit? It got panned by critics, but I kinda liked it.
That game cannot arrive quickly enough.

Alas I fear you may be mis-informed. In terms of RPGs, fallout 3 was the greatest game in history, ever.

I have a question for everyone. What is your absolute turn offs when watching films, form a technical point of view.

I was watching the Skeptic last light and I could not watch beyond the first 10 minutes. The continuity was apalling to the point where a child's play-dough creation changed significantly between the two cameras shooting the scene. The editing was terrible as well, which meant that actors jumped from one position to another making the film look very sloppy.

Another thing I hated about the film was the way in which the majority of the shots were static, which just added to the cheap, sloppy look. Don't get me wrong, on films like paranormal activity it is very effective, but that was an integral part of the story.
Reply 8219
Watching Bridget Jones on ITV2.

One of those films that I watched when I was about 11 and decided was the best movie ever made. Still love it though to be fair! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending