The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Stig
It'd be the TSR version of Film: with Claudia Winkelman with Phalanges being Claudia :teehee:

Never say that again!

I might give it a go tomorrow seeing as most films are released on a Friday.
Original post by Phalanges
Never say that again!

I might give it a go tomorrow seeing as most films are released on a Friday.

There's this 'award' show on TV in a few days, the Mark Kermode awards. By Mark Kermode, to honour some films and productions forgotten or overlooked by the Oscars

may take a gander at it. I respect his opinion but his face annoys me
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Nah we've been explicitly told we have to buy one tv licence per tiny uni room if we want to stream tv. And I have freeview built into my new tv too :frown: it hurts.

And yeah I know that site lol tis brilliant for iPhone!

**** that.

Just watch the damn thing :h:
Original post by lukejoshjedi

There's this 'award' show on TV in a few days, the Mark Kermode awards. By Mark Kermode, to honour some films and productions forgotten or overlooked by the Oscars

may take a gander at it. I respect his opinion but his face annoys me

So basically all the awards will be won by Made In Dagenham, Another Year and Chico & Rita?

I find myself losing interest in him a bit, he's starting to feel a bit too repetitive.
Reply 8984
No the gist was that the OP would be a summary of the films released that week with a trailer and a synopsis for each, and then the thread could be used to discuss them and what was worth seeing (it might get exposure to more films - for example Gas Land is being released this week and there will probably not be any posts on it).

Yup, I get it now.

How do you mean by cluttering the forum? It would only be one extra thread a week.

I was thinking it might be annoying in the long run, given that some threads are likely to be given more attention than others. For example, if there's a huge blockbuster out a certain week, it might have the thread running for much more than a week, perhaps to the extent that there are several 'Movies This Week' threads running at once. Though perhaps this could be remedied if at the end of each week, discussion was diverted to another (this) thread, and the 'MTW' thread was closed?
So basically all the awards will be won by Made In Dagenham, Another Year and Chico & Rita?

I find myself losing interest in him a bit, he's starting to feel a bit too repetitive.

lol quite possibly tbh

mehh, I don't mind him, barely see him on TV nowadays anyway. I don't watch 'The Culture show' anymore :|

prefer Claudia Winklevoss to him? :wink:
Original post by Abiraleft
Yup, I get it now.

I was thinking it might be annoying in the long run, given that some threads are likely to be given more attention than others. For example, if there's a huge blockbuster out a certain week, it might have the thread running for much more than a week, perhaps to the extent that there are several 'Movies This Week' threads running at once. Though perhaps this could be remedied if at the end of each week, discussion was diverted to another (this) thread, and the 'MTW' thread was closed?

Hmm, yeah that's a fair point. Easily remedied with your suggestion though. :smile:

prefer Claudia Winklevoss to him? :wink:

Nah, I still have some respect for him. :p:
This should appeal to fans of Firefly:

http://www.facebook.com/HelpNathanBuyFF

And anyone who hasn't watched Firefly should GTFO tbh :pierre:
Man when I heard the news that it was returning to TV... so excited. About time
Man when I heard the news that it was returning to TV... so excited. About time

Only as reruns, and any self-respecting fan has the DVDs anyway.
Just heard about West is West today, a 'sequel' to East i East definetely want to see that

Also want to see True Grit, I am number Four
Thread up. Thoughts?
I just watched The Yes Men. I enjoyed it, and wondered why I hadn't watched it before. Reminded me a bit of Czech Dream, if anyone else has seen that - I do enjoy seeing people get fooled...

The speech about 'involuntary workers' (slaves) was pretty hilarious. I can't believe nobody said anything. Crazy.
Original post by unknownking321

The monkey. :teehee:

Also, I like who you've taken your first sig line from. :rofl:
Original post by unknownking321

Where's Doug, is he not in the film?
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
The monkey. :teehee:

Also, I like who you've taken your first sig line from. :rofl:

I wonder how he would live without his thesaurus. Not very long, I imagine. :no:

More posters:

Spoiler

http://www.mattneedle.co.uk/
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by The Stig
Where's Doug, is he not in the film?

:iiam: He's in the film. :yes:
HO 2, yessss. I hope Mike Tyson reprises his cameo role, in fact I'd like him to be in a supporting role
HO 2, yessss. I hope Mike Tyson reprises his cameo role, in fact I'd like him to be in a supporting role

Mel Gibsons in this one.

Edit: See below :emo:
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending