who's excited for Sherlock Holmes 2?

i am :excited:
francescarella
who's excited for Sherlock Holmes 2?

i am :excited:

Yes! :dance:

Still a year to go though.
Reply 1564
Sherlock Holmes was my biggest surprise of last year. Thought it was going to be rubbish, only went because my brother wanted to. Ended up in love with RDJ! :h:
i love RDJ and the music and the banter. and the outfits or lack thereof :sexface:
guy ritchie must be like "take that madonna you crazy pyscho biyatch!!!111!". or something. probably.
aja89
Sherlock Holmes was my biggest surprise of last year. Thought it was going to be rubbish, only went because my brother wanted to. Ended up in love with RDJ! :h:

francescarella
i love RDJ and the music and the banter. and the outfits or lack thereof :sexface:
guy ritchie must be like "take that madonna you crazy pyscho biyatch!!!111!". or something. probably.

Have you guys been watching the new Sherlock Holmes TV series? (3 x 90 minute episodes)

For a TV series, it's just as good as the movie. :yy:
Reply 1567
Ape Gone Insane
Have you guys been watching the new Sherlock Holmes TV series? (3 x 90 minute episodes)

I saw the last one, missed the first two. Very much enjoyed it though. :cool:
Ape Gone Insane

OFC!

mark gatiss is such a dude. the new series comes out next year (autumn)
i thought the 2nd ep lacked pace a bit but the others were effing brilliant.
the ending made me literally scream at the wall. Cumberbatch will get al the dr who fangirls too i imagine. geek chic is like, so now.
Reply 1569
I thought Sherlock Holmes (:holmes:) was fairly good, but nothing special.
Reply 1570
thejonsmith
I thought Sherlock Holmes (:holmes:) was fairly good, but nothing special.

This. I mean RDJ is great and the soundtrack was a good Zimmer one. Otherwise, pretty mediocre.
francescarella
i can't break confidentiality. but some of the wording was lols and the thing is they have a lot of experience, but say precious little about what their actual filmmaking process involves, they never mention any influences etc and i was like ummmmm yeah, you're gonna need some :p:

One day when I am particularly bored I might write a PS for film studies detailing all of my interests and influences. It would be awesome.

Champagne Supernova
Just a quick note for everyone in here as well to add this, is that as well as being shown on Monday, Cloverfield is also being shown on Friday at the same time. :smile:

No excuse for anyone now. :wink:

Excellent. :colone: Our power over digital TV programming grows...
Phalanges
One day when I am particularly bored I might write a PS for film studies detailing all of my interests and influences. It would be awesome.

Excellent. :colone: Our power over digital TV programming grows...

the irony is... i shall be writing my very own PS for film. I'm applying for an Mst in Film Aesthetics at Oxford uni. and i can't even ask for help as A) tsr dont do postgrad reviews anymore and B)you'd think i'd know what to put but i don't, at least not for postgrad, and for oxford.

oh well, maybe y'all can help :h:
Reply 1573
Scum is such a bleak, fantastic, film.
Finally saw Inception. Without reading other reviews, plot, imdb stuff; initial impression....not that bowled over. Borderline in terms of "really good" film by modern film standards. Entertaining but overly complicated and lots of unnecessary complications. Firstly, whilst I'm not a (huge) retard I found it difficult to simultaneously think and link within the depths of un/reality. For example having a dream within a dream within....ect, apart from theoretically being impressive complicated timelines for the (largely) lay audience and i found, unnecessarily fractured screenplay. The whole wife thing seemed like an afterthought, barely developed, for the major part it was. Seemed to be there simply for an unnecessary twist. Finally the oriental guy dying and then protagonist going after we've finished to get him back......completely pointless.

on the whole, much better than the average you get in the cinema, but not imo worthy of the hype "inception omg lolllolol so guuud im basicaleeee gonna have a ****!!!!!!111 :ahee:
Reply 1575
francescarella

Pretty much my thoughts on it too.
RDJ is a hero..but Guy Ritchie is mostly an utter bellend, so didn't expect anything from this film. Ended up thoroughly enjoying myself.
francescarella
the irony is... i shall be writing my very own PS for film. I'm applying for an Mst in Film Aesthetics at Oxford uni. and i can't even ask for help as A) tsr dont do postgrad reviews anymore and B)you'd think i'd know what to put but i don't, at least not for postgrad, and for oxford.

oh well, maybe y'all can help :h:

How come TSR don't do postgrad reviews? Aren't there enough helpers or something?

crazyferret

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 1577
Can we use spoilers please? :emo:
thejonsmith
Can we use spoilers please? :emo:

Sorry. :colondollar:
crazyferret

Spoiler

Hmm. Interesting :holmes:. I liked the complicated stuff, it was different from most other new films where you can guess the ending and every other bit in between without thinking much.

Latest