Film Fanatics Society - Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Jordan-Kirby
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Phalanges)
Forgive the silly question but looking at the deadline for the Cloverfield review, it means 11.59pm Monday night doesn't it? Just because I've heard the term being used differently before so just checking :grin:
common_person
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by crazyferret)
Hopkins. :coma:. That's all.
I wish I were a man purely so I could play Lecter and be even better than Hopkins. Almost purely.
Phalanges
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by thejonsmith)
Did you receive my Cloverfield review, Commissar?
Dear Leader does indeed have your review.

(Original post by Jordan-Kirby)
Forgive the silly question but looking at the deadline for the Cloverfield review, it means 11.59pm Monday night doesn't it? Just because I've heard the term being used differently before so just checking :grin:
Yeah, that's right, so there's around 6 hours left for everyone to get their reviews in!
win2kpro
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Whose turn is it to post the next film? :holmes:
aja89
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This Is England tonight at 11:10pm on Channel 4, followed for the rest of the week by the four part sequel series This Is England '86.

DO IT.
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by aja89)
This Is England tonight at 11:10pm on Channel 4, followed for the rest of the week by the four part sequel series This Is England '86.

DO IT.
The last C4 movie to TV transition I can remember was Lock, Stock... which was not good. Hopefully this will be better.
kflynn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just downloaded a good copy of 'Kick Ass' finally....am I in for a treat?!
zjs
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kflynn)
Just downloaded a good copy of 'Kick Ass' finally....am I in for a treat?!
If by 'treat' you mean massively overrated generic superhero film that tries, and fails, to be something different then yes.
aja89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Am I mad for thinking that Red looks absolutely AWESOME?
kflynn
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If by 'treat' you mean massively overrated generic superhero film that tries, and fails, to be something different then yes.
It can't be that bad...imdb give it 8.1 :yep: And from previous experiance them ratings are pretty accurate!!
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by aja89)
Am I mad for thinking that Red looks absolutely AWESOME?
No, I think it's going to be brilliant (although from the trailer Helen Mirren really doesn't look suited to her role).
aja89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No, I think it's going to be brilliant (although from the trailer Helen Mirren really doesn't look suited to her role).
Haha, Helen Mirren is what makes me like it most! I have a weird older woman girl crush on her, but we shan't talk about that.

Also, Mary-Louise Parker is great. I love Weeds.
zjs
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I wish to see Tamara Drewe, if only for the fact it features gratuitous amounts of Gemma Arterton. :dice:
zjs
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kflynn)
It can't be that bad...imdb give it 8.1 :yep: And from previous experiance them ratings are pretty accurate!!
I thought it was up there with Avatar as a good candidate for 'most overrated film of all time', except Avatar had some great CGI.

something...
Your thoughts on Kick Ass? :holmes:

Glad to hear you received my review :sexface:
aja89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Have decided to revive the screencaps game with a film I hadn't thought of in quite some time until today;

A truly brilliant film.

Your thoughts on Kick Ass? :holmes:

Glad to hear you received my review :sexface:
Kick Ass is a great film; funny, well made, well acted. I really can't see how it can be labelled as generic, tbh.
kflynn
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'll watch it now, and let you know my views...not that it will count for much
zjs
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Kick Ass is a great film; funny, well made, well acted. I really can't see how it can be labelled as generic, tbh.
It just reminds me of every other superhero film ever made, Spiderman in particular. And I didn't find it funny... even slightly.
frankfranklinin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ZARDOZ!

There sure were a lot of drugs in the 70's...
JHar
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by frankfranklinin)
ZARDOZ!

There sure were a lot of drugs in the 70's...
If you want drugs, choose Altered States. Great film, but definitely directed under very heavy influence

Also, Kick-Ass is great first viewing. Funny in a "I didn't expect that!" sort of way. Second viewing is ehh though. Best watched once.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (101)
19.65%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (210)
40.86%
Nope, not that interesting (203)
39.49%

Watched Threads