Living arrangments....searching. Watch

ArcaneAnna
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago

Dilemma.....

My flatmate's just decided to quit uni and so isn't coming back. The deposit she's left is enough to cover her living costs for August...but come September I'll be struggling.

What would you say is the best way to find a new flatmate and FAST?
Know any good websites? [preferably free]

In desperate need here....have no way of paying if I don't find someone to share with asap :c
greenpeas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Gumtree
Spareroom.co.uk
I have no idea if they're free I just know people who have used them. A quick google search should help. Another alleyway is got to your local Citizen's Advice bureau/student accom. office ,i don't know which would be more useful, as if she's signed a contract then I think that she has a legal obligation to pay but I'm nowhere near 100% certain.
marcusfox
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ArcaneAnna)

Dilemma.....

My flatmate's just decided to quit uni and so isn't coming back. The deposit she's left is enough to cover her living costs for August...but come September I'll be struggling.

What would you say is the best way to find a new flatmate and FAST?
Know any good websites? [preferably free]

In desperate need here....have no way of paying if I don't find someone to share with asap :c
[/SIZE]
If she's signed for a year then it's her responsibility to find someone to fill the room or she's got to pay.

In reality you both will be jointly and severally liable for the rent.

Don't post with a massive font for everything, it is unnecessary and annoying.
ArcaneAnna
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by marcusfox)
If she's signed for a year then it's her responsibility to find someone to fill the room or she's got to pay.
That's the problem here....we we're signed on July 09 - July 10.
We hadnt yet signed the new contract for the next 12 months, we'd only just discuss that we're happy to stay in the same flat....but she's just now decided that she's leaving...and becuase there isn't a contract yet...she's free to leave me hanging.

*Sorries for the font, but I tend to prefer bigger sizes.
marcusfox
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ArcaneAnna)
That's the problem here....we we're signed on July 09 - July 10.
We hadnt yet signed the new contract for the next 12 months, we'd only just discuss that we're happy to stay in the same flat....but she's just now decided that she's leaving...and becuase there isn't a contract yet...she's free to leave me hanging.

*Sorries for the font, but I tend to prefer bigger sizes.
Well, just advertise around your uni then - post something on the advert boards, but do it now as rooms tend to be filled at the start of term rather than mid way through.

Don't sign to say you will take on the whole flat yourself though.
Psycho0101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh my God, my eyes!

There are plenty of websites that you could use. It's not that hard to find a new flatmate. Try spareroom/gumtree/Uni advert board/word of mouth etc.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?