Is my dad backwards? Watch

Idiot-Finder
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Basically been applying for a couple of jobs recently and had had him look over it for spelling mistakes etc..

Anyway on the one it asked for your religion, one of the options was athiesm and so I selected it, he told me to put it to christianity to be as he put it "middle of the road."

Anyway, I disagree.. but just want confirmation.. he is living in the 70's?
TheSownRose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Idiot-Finder)
Basically been applying for a couple of jobs recently and had had him look over it for spelling mistakes etc..

Anyway on the one it asked for your religion, one of the options was athiesm and so I selected it, he told me to put it to christianity to be as he put it "middle of the road."

Anyway, I disagree.. but just want confirmation.. he is living in the 70's?
Surely your opinion doesn't matter? Honour thy father and thy mother, and you are Christian...

Also, what relevance does your religion have?
Idiot-Finder
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheSownRose)
Surely your opinion doesn't matter? Honour thy father and thy mother, and you are Christian...

Also, what relevance does your religion have?
Don't ask me, I stuck down Athiesm and moved on to the next question, he was the one when looking over it and asked me. He is not Christian which is what confuses me more.

And well its my job application.. I will put what I want on it.
oscarwildelike
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
People have many misconceptions when it comes to 'atheism' - it's far easier to put agnostic or Christian.
Idiot-Finder
Rep:
?
(Original post by oscarwildelike)
People have many misconceptions when it comes to 'atheism' - it's far easier to put agnostic or Christian.
I don't see why it matters, the job was for weekend work, if I was a Christian I should be at church on sunday so how would I be able to do the job lol.

And agnostic was not on the list.
TKC
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There's a similar age gap with putting "Nationality: White British", like some sort of badge of honour at the top of your CV.

It shouldn't be an issue at all, but it is sometimes the elder generations doing the hiring and firing.
oscarwildelike
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Idiot-Finder)
I don't see why it matters, the job was for weekend work, if I was a Christian I should be at church on sunday so how would I be able to do the job lol.

And agnostic was not on the list.

It should be fine then, if it;s just weekend work.
Bramlow
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you want the best shot at employment choose a minority religion.
Idiot-Finder
Rep:
?
(Original post by oscarwildelike)
It should be fine then, if it;s just weekend work.
Well it was weekend and evenings, but the point remains, if I was christian I would not be able to do the job..
viktavondoom
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TKC)
There's a similar age gap with putting "Nationality: White British", like some sort of badge of honour at the top of your CV.

It shouldn't be an issue at all, but it is sometimes the elder generations doing the hiring and firing.
I don't think that putting white, British as a badge of honour has anything to do with it. Its just your ethnicity. I am Caucasian and British and I'll put that on an application form. It's just for purposes of equal rights policies that's all.
ProStacker
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
1. Are you atheist? Do you understand what that means?

2. You don't have to go to church every week to be a Christian.
ManiaMuse
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They won't see that bit of your application - it just gets collected for equality monitoring purposes, just like whatever information you had to put down about you race/sexuality/age etc.
Freud
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I usually put 'prefer to not answer' for just this reason
Idiot-Finder
Rep:
?
(Original post by ProStacker)
1. Are you atheist? Do you understand what that means?

2. You don't have to go to church every week to be a Christian.
The rejection of a higher being.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (252)
27.18%
No (675)
72.82%

Watched Threads