WTF is going on here? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I just came out of a long term relationship a few months ago. Basically I've been with my girlfriend throughout uni and so I never felt the need to talk to girls with naughty intent. Now that uni is over and I've started my job, I haven't been able to get laid! My two flatmates in uni regularly brought girls home, so I was so naive to think it must be easy. I thought making good money in London would help, but it hasn't really.

I'm not unattractive, but I think being out of the game for so long has just completely shattered my confidence with approaching girls. And it's almost like a downward confidence spiral that I can't seem to break. I know this sounds absolutely stupid to talk about it here, but it's really getting to me.

Ladies, any advice?
Psycho0101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Go to Soho.
JB26
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm a bloke. But i know how you feel. I kinda feel out of my comfort zone now, whereas i used to find it so easy... Doesn't help that i've grown up a lot since.

How i'm 'fixing it' (attempting) is to simply chuck myself in the deep end, go out as much as possible, get chatting like you used to (without 'naughty intent') and things may happen. If you go out trying, you probably won't get much.

Good luck
viktavondoom
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why you asking women for advice? Women can't give good advice at getting themselves laid as its dudes who know all the dastardly tricks. Are you a lesbian? Apologies if you are.

If you are a guy, then take it from a guy whos been there. Slow and steady. Don't go out with the intention of getting laid. Go out, relax and take in the atmosphere. Then, if you see someone you'd like to slip on to then play it cool. Compliment them, if you have the money buy them a drink. Once you've done that, excuse yourself and go back to your friends. If you bump into her later on, say hello again then make the moves. Plant the seed, smoke the weed. Slowly, slowly catchy monkey etc etc....

It's like riding a bike, you never really forget.
Your mojo shall return.

Peace.
S.R
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by JB26)
whereas i used to find it so easy
What's your secret?
JB26
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by S.R)
What's your secret?
Haha! Mate, i meant more i could approach girls a lot easier, talk to them, get a conversation going and I don't know.. there was a stage in my life where i had a few .. options so to speak.. then i chose one of those options and it wasted a couple of years..

Lesson is, never try. Go gay, simpler.
S.R
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by JB26)
Lesson is, never try. Go gay, simpler.
I see. But I don't like men, I like women
viktavondoom
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by S.R)
Lies.
JB26
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by S.R)
I share the pain
winterSTU
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think being out of the game for so long has just completely shattered my confidence with approaching girls.
Dude, I came out of an 18 month relationship in feburary, and I can't flirt for ****! Srsly, like 2 years ago I was a total smooth womanizer haha and now I'm like Stan from South Park.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by winterSTU)
Dude, I came out of an 18 month relationship in feburary, and I can't flirt for ****! Srsly, like 2 years ago I was a total smooth womanizer haha and now I'm like Stan from South Park.
Yeah, well I suppose I can flirt albeit a little unnatural compared to what I'm used to. But I just feel so awkward about asking girls to come back to my place... I never really did this either as a teenager, especially with parents around the house all the time. Just wonder how to go about it?
EssRidge
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
But I just feel so awkward about asking girls to come back to my place... I never really did this either as a teenager, especially with parents around the house all the time. Just wonder how to go about it?
Offer to cook her a meal? Whatever you do, just be really casual and cheerful about it.

But don't do what another poster (possibly a troll) did and invite the girl round to watch Toy Story at yours.
skunky x
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by viktavondoom)
Why you asking women for advice? Women can't give good advice at getting themselves laid as its dudes who know all the dastardly tricks. Are you a lesbian? Apologies if you are.

If you are a guy, then take it from a guy whos been there. Slow and steady. Don't go out with the intention of getting laid. Go out, relax and take in the atmosphere. Then, if you see someone you'd like to slip on to then play it cool. Compliment them, if you have the money buy them a drink. Once you've done that, excuse yourself and go back to your friends. If you bump into her later on, say hello again then make the moves. Plant the seed, smoke the weed. Slowly, slowly catchy monkey etc etc....

It's like riding a bike, you never really forget.
Your mojo shall return.

Peace.
This. From a female point of view, it's a much nicer experience as well. You can always tell who the guys who are talking to you to get laid and the guys that are just talking to you. In my opinion, much more likely to 'lay' the second guy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.6%
No (737)
72.4%

Watched Threads