Woolf College Accommodation - TV aerial? Watch

js89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I shall be living in Woolf college next year and cannot find out if the accommodation has traditional TV sockets within each room?

I have a TV I would like to bring with me but there will obviously be no point if there is no socket!

If anyone can help with this, it will be much appreciated!

Thanks
Haris.gul
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by js89)
I shall be living in Woolf college next year and cannot find out if the accommodation has traditional TV sockets within each room?

I have a TV I would like to bring with me but there will obviously be no point if there is no socket!

Thanks

If it doesn't have a traditional Socket. You could always buy an extension.

You could always find those in any electrical store.
>Anna<
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by js89)

Thanks

I can't speak for Woolf, as I'm an undergrad, but all the accommodation that I've been in has had a socket. I lived in Park Wood flats last year and I had one on my desk.

I would imagine that Woolf have them too because it's the newest accommodation on campus, I think, and is at least the same standard as Park Wood flats, if not higher.

Welcome to Kent :woo:
js89
Rep:
?
(Original post by >Anna<)
I can't speak for Woolf, as I'm an undergrad, but all the accommodation that I've been in has had a socket. I lived in Park Wood flats last year and I had one on my desk.

I would imagine that Woolf have them too because it's the newest accommodation on campus, I think, and is at least the same standard as Park Wood flats, if not higher.

Welcome to Kent :woo:

Thanks

i went to see the rooms but cant remember if they has a socket or not, it mentioned you can use IPTV but doesnt say on the website or in the booklet if there are any sockets
>Anna<
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by js89)
Thanks

i went to see the rooms but cant remember if they has a socket or not, it mentioned you can use IPTV but doesnt say on the website or in the booklet if there are any sockets
I'm pretty sure they should do. If you really want to know then you could email Kent Hospitality; they'll be able to tell you
js89
Rep:
?
I spoke to them, and theres no TV socket....and they have stopped the IPTV service as of this summer.... great!
jamhead1017
Report 8 years ago
Hey, I'm going to live in Woolf!!! I'm not bringing a TV. I'd rather not have the cost of the TV licence. I have a computer and will utilise the various iPlayers on the net
js89
Rep:
?
oh wikid what are you there to do ?
yeah im not sure yet what to do, may leave it at home and just use iplayer etc... the annoying thing is that they had an IPTV service until a couple of months ago
jamhead1017
Report 8 years ago
I'm doing a PhD in Genetics, just got my accommodation offer. Block E. do you know where you are? What are you studying?

Yeah annoying, but iPlayer etc are pretty decent these days, I also have a tonne of DVDs I am yet to watch!
Bexxxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Woolf doesn't have TV points in rooms, only in the kitchens. Just download the tv thingy on your computer and watch it on that!
js89
Rep:
?
(Original post by jamhead1017)
I'm doing a PhD in Genetics, just got my accommodation offer. Block E. do you know where you are? What are you studying?

Yeah annoying, but iPlayer etc are pretty decent these days, I also have a tonne of DVDs I am yet to watch!

Yep im to be in block H!

Im studying MSc Information Security and biometrics.

Iv bought my tv for a dvd player, going to give it a try to see if a portable arial works
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Postgraduate
    Tue, 5 Mar '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it: