Ahmadinejad predicts US strikes within next three months. Watch

bunty64
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...es-months.html

If ahmadinejad did say this, does he have any info as to what is gonna go down? Do you think the americans will strike other ME countries in the run up to the iran attack or simulataneously strike?
Could be syria perhaps?

Just hope we don't get dragged into this war; we can't even deal with the taliban... let the american/israelis deal with it!
Stalin
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There's nothing about it on the BBC, but yes, a strike is inevitable.

I highly doubt the Americans/Israelis will strike any other Middle Eastern countries, in fact, I cannot see it happening whatsoever.

The United Kingdom will do exactly as the United States says because of this idiotic perception that both of our nations share a 'special relationship'. The United Kingdom will be dragged into it, you can bet your bottom dollar on that.
shadow12345
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
To out it simply, NO

As most think tank institutes and academia related people have pointed out- all of this is for internal consumption... As the Iranian nation is divided currently and so actualy a war would be counter productive as the nation will unite under a common enemy... America

The reagen administration made the same mistake 30 years ago... The people united under a common enemy
When the shah was over thrown by the majority and an clerical reform was imposed... A certain % of people where against the out come... But they still united over the common enemy

The peoples hatred towards America is more than their hatred towards Ahmadinejad ...
Genocidal
Badges: 16
Report 8 years ago
Well it wouldn't shock me but until the likes of the BBC say something i'm a little skeptical at the three month time period for the moment.
Shuvel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I really dont see it happening. Nato is struggling to hold ground in Afghanistan and Iraq, from a logistical point of view I think they really want to but it isn't possible, both in numbers and the fact doesn't Iran have a much more modern army to defend itself with? We steamrollered through the Iraqi army because they were using tanks from the 60's....
jumpingjesusholycow
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
A strike within the next three months? It seems doubtful without more information. There's been no formal confrontation as of yet, so I have no evidence to back up this claim.
Disorder
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Shuvel)
I really dont see it happening. Nato is struggling to hold ground in Afghanistan and Iraq, from a logistical point of view I think they really want to but it isn't possible, both in numbers and the fact doesn't Iran have a much more modern army to defend itself with? We steamrollered through the Iraqi army because they were using tanks from the 60's....

Some people are lunatics on a death wish...hope they get what they want and innocent lives are spared.
callum9999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
A strike within the next three months? It seems doubtful without more information. There's been no formal confrontation as of yet, so I have no evidence to back up this claim.
Is it wise to give a country 3 months notice of your impending invasion?

This is what confused me about Iraq. We were told they had WMDs which could reach us within 45 minutes, yet we announced plans to invade them well in advance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely that would be the ideal moment for Iraq to actually use them? If they wouldn't use them then under what circumstances would they ever use them?
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There won't be because there isn't the spare military capacity or the money. Afghanistan is hard enough.

What happens if the US and UK get dragged into fighting on two fronts, Iran and Afghanistan, and North Korea invade South Korea and threaten to overrun it.
jimbo139
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think he's referring to airstrikes rather than a land invasion. But from the West's point of view, airstrikes would be a last resort because they would increase support for Ahmedinejad. He's trying to provoke us into attacking him becuase it'd shore up his crumbling support in Iran.
Phantom_X
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ahmadinejad is trying to act like a big man. How the hell would he attack the US of all places ? The Revolutionary Guard aren't that strong, thier military arsenal are standard and (to our knowledge) they have no nukes. If the US can get Russia on its side, then the UK may become uneccessary, as Iran's allies are not as strong as NATO's. Hopefully, Turkey will also be on the west side too.
bunty64
Rep:
?
(Original post by Genocidal)
Well it wouldn't shock me but until the likes of the BBC say something i'm a little skeptical at the three month time period for the moment.
well the americans are on the final round of sanctions and the iranians are not budging.
Russia today has condemned american and eu extra bilateral sanctions (on the iranain oil and gas industry) outside of the UN sanction framework.. China and Russia are not happy about this as it affects their investments in Iran..

I can see attacks within the next three months as there aren't really any more sanctions to place..
bunty64
Rep:
?
(Original post by Soppe)
To out it simply, NO

As most think tank institutes and academia related people have pointed out- all of this is for internal consumption... As the Iranian nation is divided currently and so actualy a war would be counter productive as the nation will unite under a common enemy... America

The reagen administration made the same mistake 30 years ago... The people united under a common enemy
When the shah was over thrown by the majority and an clerical reform was imposed... A certain % of people where against the out come... But they still united over the common enemy

Thepeoples hatred towards America is more than their hatred towards Ahmadinejad . ..
agree... but you don't think america will strike within three months ? or somewhere early next year? How many more sanctions can they place? They're on their final leg.
bunty64
Rep:
?
(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
There won't be because there isn't the spare military capacity or the money. Afghanistan is hard enough.

What happens if the US and UK get dragged into fighting on two fronts, Iran and Afghanistan, and North Korea invade South Korea and threaten to overrun it.
well israel alone could attack iran; they just need permission from america.
bigmo7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bunty64)
agree... but you don't think america will strike within three months ? or somewhere early next year? How many more sanctions can they place? They're on their final leg.
These fresh sanctions are going to hurt the ordinary Iranian even though they always claim to try to avoid this. America's tried it all but it doesn't seem to be working at all, problem is that if they do try a strike then it will just give the Iranian government grounds to pour more money into attacking American and British troops in Iraq/Afghanistan.
MonsterMash
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Personally i think Ahmadinejad is a hero. He just likes winding the world up, and seeing who he can piss off next. Legend.
bunty64
Rep:
?
(Original post by jimbo139)
I think he's referring to airstrikes rather than a land invasion. But from the West's point of view, airstrikes would be a last resort because they would increase support for Ahmedinejad. He's trying to provoke us into attacking him becuase it'd shore up his crumbling support in Iran.
LOL! That's like a big ole school bully pushing around the school nerd and then beating him up for "provoking" him..

don't see a land invasion as they'd be out of their depths.... gonna be several airstrikes on various locations (nuclear plants ... military bases)
mathew551
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So be it. We must do all we can to protect our beloved Paul.
jakemittle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bunty64)
America are fighting in Afghanistan, Iraq and then there is the situation with North Korea...you REALLY think they have the legs to fight in another war?
If this whole thing is about Israel..then Israel should fight Iran not America :yep:
bunty64
Rep:
?
(Original post by MonsterMash)
Personally i think Ahmadinejad is a hero. He just likes winding the world up, and seeing who he can piss off next. Legend.
Sure he has his bad points which we in the christian west don't agree with, but I respect him for standing up to america/zionism.... whereas our gov continues to lick arse!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (279)
27.51%
No (735)
72.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed