The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
jumpingjesusholycow
So the EU placing sanctions on Iran is confrontation for the United States to strike? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, and any way...economic sanctions on IRAN?! Oh my goodness, who saw that one coming? :rolleyes: Puhleasse.

The reality is, Iran procured a very progressive deal with Brazil and Turkey to swap enriched uranium for nuclear fuel rods, which the Americans had been pushing for the whole time but the United States in it's blunt-headedness is unable to conceive of the idea that Iran will do a deal with a country other than itself. Iran is budging, but people like you have this warped FOX news mentality that Iran = big hitler man. Come back when you learn a bit more about foreign affairs :facepalm:

do not have a clue what you are on about dude!

Where have I suggested that iran is a "big hitler man"??

MY only point was that sanctions are provocation for iran and this will further harden their stance, in turn provoking america/israel to strike, and in turn causing iran to retaliate any which way they can...
bunty64
He isn't stupid... He would never attack israel first; he knows it would mean the end of iran and the world as we know it...

israel is likely to attack iran first, only with obtaining permission from america first.

Iran attacks Israel first = Terrible regime, doesnt care about peace, only caring about war and oppressing its people
Israel attacks Iran first = Preserving democracy and freedom in the Middle East

lol
bunty64

MY only point was that sanctions are provocation for iran and this will further harden their stance, in turn provoking america/israel to strike, and in turn causing iran to retaliate any which way they can...

Same can be said of North Korea
bunty64
you and the other poster seemed to get a bit defensive suggesting this was an attack on "iranian culture"....

sharia law in muslim countries has a basis in their faith and the stonings/lashings/hangings are all part of it...

I stand by what I said about the islamic east not being too bothered about "human rights" (as we in the christian west know it to be)...

So basically, the 'human rights' that the west created must be accepted universally or else the country doesnt care about the rights of its people, right?
Reply 64
bunty64
Well given that women are potentially stoned to death for adultery.. and other such horrors I would have to say that from our perspective in the Christian west, iran are not too big on “human rights”!

So you simultaneously denigrate these sharia practices, but fail to condemn the regime which promotes them. Is this becuase you think Iranians' human rights are worth less than other people's?

bunty64
Essentially, Iran are not a threat to any arab country...

Ignorant rubbish.

Basically, your loathing for the USA & Israel is so extreme that as long as a regime opposes them, you will refuse to condemn its other actions, no matter how vile or oppressive, passing them off as an acceptable part of another culture and therefore above criticism.

I guess you think Hitler was OK for standing up to the Jews and Americans? And that gas chambers were a de facto part of German culture and therefore perfectly appropriate except from a 'Christian' point of view?
Reply 65
About time Israel gets demolished
Dang!!

I hope Europe doesn't get dragged in or gets attacked by Iran because of America!

Also I don't think the US has the resources to do this.
bunty64
britian will never accept a "black face" as prime minister.... big difference in america... nation built on "immigrants" and before you go on about britain being built on immigrants....

Sure? We have come quite far as a society in 2010 in regardance to racism but some TSRians have not. :rolleyes:

I don't think many people would mind, however, if the case is opposite, I'll go back to my bubble. :yep:
jakemittle
Cameron is already unpopular :wink:

Ah well, the man has no bearing on my life. :biggrin:
Reply 69
Folderol
You are confusing the regime for the people. You cannot say the "Islamic East" doesn't care about human rights because that includes the people. Leaving aside thats an ignorant statement in the first place.

I wouldn't call funding the Taliban "respecting" Afghanistan. And, you are seriously going to respect a man who does these barbaric things?

Read a book.

Nonsense. "The Islamic revolution's final objective is global revolution." It's little to do with Arab states "being in the pockets" of America. It's do with the what was mentioned in the quote - which you didn't properly address. Even everyday Arab people agree with that - they see Iran as a threat in and of itself because it seeks dominance in the region. Just think about it: the Iranian hand in Iraq, funding the Taliban in Afghanistan, Hezbollah in Lebanon (which refuses to disarm) etc. etc. Just read the quote.

You need to understand that when one discusses world/political affairs and refers to the Russians, Americans, british etc, it is not referring to various citizens living in Moscow, new york, London etc, but rather to the elite/those in power/those who call the shots….

So when I refer to iran or the muslim east, I’m not talking about the individuals of that country/region…. I understand that there are varying view points across any country…

As I said before I don’t agree with murdering innocents/other inhumane acts …. Pakistan/iran fund the Taliban? Big shock…. The Americans funded the Taliban and other “terrorist groups”….
I respect his stance against Americans/Zionists…. He is standing his ground and not bowing down like the weak arab leaders.

Which book to you suggest?

Iran wants to be dominant in the region…. Why is this so shocking… every country wants to be top dog in their region… In what way are iran are threat to the region; I mean specifically?

The Iranian hand in iraq?? What has that got to do with anything… it has happened as under saddam the shia didn’t have it easy and now America have installed “democracy” they have more power…
What’s your point about iran funding Taliban/hezbooolahh?
Reply 70
Magic_007
Sure? We have come quite far as a society in 2010 in regardance to racism but some TSRians have not. :rolleyes:

I don't think many people would mind, however, if the case is opposite, I'll go back to my bubble. :yep:

no I'm not talking about the general public, but rather more so the political elite..... don't think a "black face" will ever make it high up in the ranks to run for prime minister!
RyanT
Hopefully it won't. In fact it would be Christmas for the EU if Iran got attacked and Turkey isolated itself from the EU as a result. Finally they'll get the message that they've failed to understand from their 50 year old application to join the EU - they're not wanted!

I understand that you hav a distaste for Muslims, illustrated finely by your picture in your sig.

However, Turkey is very valuable economically, and its really only france and germany that are against it purely for strategic reasons. Considering Turkey has viable markets, a strong army and its alliances can go either way its probably favourable for them to align with the west, despite what a few xenophobes think.
bunty64

So America are going to attack Iran because they've 'hardened their stance'? I highly doubt that. I can only see a strike being made if there is a formal threat, i.e. a 'do what we say or we'll bomb you' situation, in which case the threat of war is huge. Otherwise, neither America/Israel or Iran will risk a pre-emptive strike. The loss of life will be huge and the Obama administration would be tainted forever.
bunty64
no I'm not talking about the general public, but rather more so the political elite..... don't think a "black face" will ever make it high up in the ranks to run for prime minister!

Who knows? :unsure:
Reply 74
jimbo139
So you simultaneously denigrate these sharia practices, but fail to condemn the regime which promotes them. Is this becuase you think Iranians' human rights are worth less than other people's?

Ignorant rubbish.

Basically, your loathing for the USA & Israel is so extreme that as long as a regime opposes them, you will refuse to condemn its other actions, no matter how vile or oppressive, passing them off as an acceptable part of another culture and therefore above criticism.

I guess you think Hitler was OK for standing up to the Jews and Americans? And that gas chambers were a de facto part of German culture and therefore perfectly appropriate except from a 'Christian' point of view?

LOL! You really are a muppet! I have said that I don’t agree with the laws in iran…. I haven’t condoned stoning/killing etc..

Oh come on…. Don’t be such a drama queen.. Which arab country are iran a threat to? America/Israel are the major threat to arab countries (only if they don’t tow the line)!

I haven’t condoned iran’s laws… I said I don’t agree with them.. barbariac to us in the Christian west. But it is part of their culture (and was once part of our culture)…
I condemn such laws, naturally, but still stand by my view that iran are right to stand up against America/Israel…

You cannot compare Hitler to ahmadinajad…. Hitler was about to invade American/british interests… they had to act…
Ahmadinajad/iran hasn’t invaded any country for don’t know how long...?

Don’t make this thing about human rights, because we all know this has nothing to do with it… yes inhumane treatment occurs in every country.. but we don’t see britian/America strike/invade these countries… they only go to the places where they have economical/strategic interests…
Hypocrisy really for all those who shout about human rights/freedom/democracy!
Reply 75
bunty64
You need to understand that when one discusses world/political affairs and refers to the Russians, Americans, british etc, it is not referring to various citizens living in Moscow, new york, London etc, but rather to the elite/those in power/those who call the shots….

It depends on the way one phrases oneself. The way you said it was a blanket statement. It was clear I was condemning the regime. You, on the other hand, when talking about the "Islamic East" that includes the people in there.

So when I refer to iran or the muslim east, I’m not talking about the individuals of that country/region…. I understand that there are varying view points across any country…

No, you don't, you make blanket statements about a diverse region.

As I said before I don’t agree with murdering innocents/other inhumane acts …. Pakistan/iran fund the Taliban? Big shock…. The Americans funded the Taliban and other “terrorist groups”….

You're changing the subject - we are not talking about whether its justified. You said Iran respects its neighbours - that is patently false: it funds another bunch of backward mongrels. This is nothing to do with what America does but your statement that Iran "respects" neighbours. Please stay on topic.

And just so you know, America funded 7 groups under the umbrella of the Mujahadeen - the Taliban came into existence in 1994, with some of the members of the Mujahadeen.

I respect his stance against Americans/Zionists…. He is standing his ground and not bowing down like the weak arab leaders.

Like I said, you're taking a man's words and putting them above his actions toward his own people.

Which book to you suggest?

Any book on the Middle East.

Iran wants to be dominant in the region…. Why is this so shocking… every country wants to be top dog in their region… In what way are iran are threat to the region; I mean specifically?

Read the quote I gave. And read the article which shows that the majority of Arabs believe Iran to be a greater risk than Israel.

The Iranian hand in iraq?? What has that got to do with anything… it has happened as under saddam the shia didn’t have it easy and now America have installed “democracy” they have more power…
What’s your point about iran funding Taliban/hezbooolahh?

How do you not think funding the Taliban is causing turbulence in the region? It has to do with the risk to the region because it creates instability. To the statement in bold: pure ignorance. This isn't just about Shia control, its about Iranian dominance.
Reply 76
bunty64
I haven’t condoned iran’s laws… I said I don’t agree with them.. barbariac to us in the Christian west. But it is part of their culture (and was once part of our culture)…

I call bull on this statement. Provide evidence of the state in England stoning women to death for adultery. To make it easier for you, I will accept evidence from any historical epoch but it must of been the laws of a state in Britain.
RyanT
I call bull on this statement. Provide evidence of the state in England stoning women to death for adultery. To make it easier for you, I will accept evidence from any historical epoch but it must of been the laws of a state in Britain.

Actually Iran stones women and men for adultery.
Reply 78
jumpingjesusholycow
So America are going to attack Iran because they've 'hardened their stance'? I highly doubt that. I can only see a strike being made if there is a formal threat, i.e. a 'do what we say or we'll bomb you' situation, in which case the threat of war is huge. Otherwise, neither America/Israel or Iran will risk a pre-emptive strike. The loss of life will be huge and the Obama administration would be tainted forever.

america/israel will attack iran because they've run out of sanctions... they told iran to stop their nuclear activities, but they continue to do so... ajad said he would talk if sanctions were stopped.. they are on the final round of sanctions... they is nothing left after this.. unless america want to do what ajad says and in his words be a 'good boy' and sit down and talk!

The threat from america will come at the end of the round of sanctions... iran know they have been warned..... they will still not back down....

Iran are not thr one threatening strikes on anyone.... iran have not and will not attack unless attacked first.... america/israel will strike first..

agree that it would be hard under the obama administration approve of stikes (but not out of the question)... could happen under the next administration...
Reply 79
bunty64

bunty64
are you iranian? Is that why you getting a bit upset? No one is talking about "Iranian culture"... :biggrin:

:rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending