Turn on thread page Beta

Oly lifts : dream of 200kg total @ 69kg bw!!!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Howdy

Distant Goal : 110kg - C & J
    90kg - snatch

ive been running a quick cycle of SS too get da strengh level back up want at least a 100kg back squat , 80kg front squat before getting coaching for my oly lifts. Im also mixing oly lift with my SS , so far my PR are :

C&J = 60kg
    snatch = 30kg

Will be posting videos for critique on form , anyone else have any experience of oly lift or offer any advice / info please comment. Will be posting my 3rd session of ss on thursday.

Thanks BB.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, nice to see something different than other logs.

Nearly a BW C&J which is impressive too. Would be interesting to see vids.

Are you being coached?

ReputationRep:
    Cool story!

I've tried split jerking 50kg the other day... it's dead awkward haha, couldn't even get it up above my head.

Good luck :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I train oly stuff, but mainly the assistance excercises as 1) I have no coach and 2) I have no bumpers.

ReputationRep:
    I'd really like to learn olympic lifts properly, especially the clean and jerk. I reckon I'd be ok as I've already got a 120kg front squat and an 80kg power clean (with little power clean training) at about 72kg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khanage)
    Good luck, nice to see something different than other logs.

Nearly a BW C&J which is impressive too. Would be interesting to see vids.

Are you being coached?
    na not being coached but plan on being once i got too a reasonable strengh level 1.5 x bw squat 2 x dl etc which shouldnt take me long. yeah ill post a few C&J either torm or saturday

ReputationRep:
    I remember when you, me (Rucklo), 7's, GR, and A_Master were all starting out.

Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    I'd really like to learn olympic lifts properly, especially the clean and jerk. I reckon I'd be ok as I've already got a 120kg front squat and an 80kg power clean (with little power clean training) at about 72kg.
    awsome , if your really interested go on the bwla website the governing body in uk find a coach on there.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i'd really like to learn how to snatch and improve my clean technique.

Not bigging myself up or anything but i'm pretty powerful from being a rugby player, cleaned 100kg a few weeks back, with terrible form probably!

Never tried snatching, apart from dicking around with 30-40kg.

ReputationRep:
    Nice, I should start an oly blog too.... currently getting my front squat up to a decent number and doing pulls. Where abouts are you based and wheere are you gonna get coaching from?

ReputationRep:
    29/07/2010

squat 3 x5 - 80kg

mil press 3x5 - 37.5kg

p clean - 60kg 3 x 5

C&J 3x3 - 55kg

snatch 3x3 - bar

easy peasy defo increasing , really need too work on my snatch technique figured im gonna do it in sections starting of with the decent keeping bar as close too the body , then when the bar reaches the hips a backward like shrug meanwhile you flick the bar over your head trying too keep the bar as close as possible too the body too increase the leverage and drive up with your hips is the most basic decription i can give of the bar pth.

bar path
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ironmave...15/ioEe_rjwSI0

the general opinion in the books ive read is too stick too bar work for a few weeks even at the expense of ur ego =[ because it will help u down the line . there isnt just one flat technique too performing the snatch .

heres a good e.g.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI48BIDYKho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedHotButter)
    Nice, I should start an oly blog too.... currently getting my front squat up to a decent number and doing pulls. Where abouts are you based and wheere are you gonna get coaching from?
    yeah u shud def ive seen ur blog u got the power weight ratio thing going on , nice front squat. you have an awsome gene pool im not saying its purley down too ur genes but generally asians are known for their power /weight ratio i mean weightlifting is normally dominated by them the bulgarians ,russians etc. Chinese probs my fav , technique is always flawless and looks really good vs bulgarians + others who just get weight off floor.

im based in luton but im moving too oxford v soon , there is a olympic weightlifting gym with coaches there.
    http://www.oxfordpowersports.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    I remember when you, me (Rucklo), 7's, GR, and A_Master were all starting out.

Best of luck.
    hey man ye i remember

how is ze training/ health?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to pay for coaching? I desperately need to find one/make time for one! Also china has more weightlifters/coaches than the rest of the world combined.

Also I want a good front squat/lifts out right... not for light weight... although I am at a homo weight atm... almost 77kg.

(Original post by BencherBoy)
    yeah u shud def ive seen ur blog u got the power weight ratio thing going on , nice front squat. you have an awsome gene pool im not saying its purley down too ur genes but generally asians are known for their power /weight ratio i mean weightlifting is normally dominated by them the bulgarians ,russians etc. Chinese probs my fav , technique is always flawless and looks really good vs bulgarians + others who just get weight off floor.

im based in luton but im moving too oxford v soon , there is a olympic weightlifting gym with coaches there.
    http://www.oxfordpowersports.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedHotButter)
    Do you have to pay for coaching? I desperately need to find one/make time for one! Also china has more weightlifters/coaches than the rest of the world combined.

Also I want a good front squat/lifts out right... not for light weight... although I am at a homo weight atm... almost 77kg.
    the bwla does £20 a month for coaching & gym use , coaching is in 3-5's , with a 1-2 a week coaching and u get given a training plan too follow , it will be a huge commitment btw , were abouts r u based?

bwla is the gov body for weightlifting in uk but im sure u cud find private coaching elsewere. i even more homo , i just about 70kg =[

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool ye I emailEd Brian he gave me the numbers of all te coaches in the area. I'm in southwest London would have to go to st marys in twickenham to get coaching. 20 quid is SICK! ye I need to get down there to sort out my pwr clean and snatch.

ReputationRep:
    sweet i need too do that aswell. it gnna be hard too forgett all the powerlifting crap.

EDIT: uno wot i mean!!!!

ReputationRep:
    3x5 + 1x3 - 85kg

3x5 - 17.5kg db

90kg - DL

few Pc - 55kg

few snatches - need too work on flexibility.
    just getting back in the swing of things , i think im gnna up another 5kg in the squat cos was quiet easy compared too before , yay for muscle memory. was a good session apart from this one iddiot who decided too jab me in the back meanwhile i was getting up from the hole squatting , i immediatly dropped the bar , thinking id pulled something , turns out he thinks i need too look at the x on the wall , if he wasnt a well built black dood i wud of clanked him 1.

ReputationRep:
    3x5 squat - 90kg

3x3 mil press - 37.5

p clean 5x3 + 3x3 jerk lawl = 50kg

Alright session dissapointed in mil press reckon its due too lifting heavy furniture yesterday none the less no excuse , filmed my p cleans and jerking (lul) will upload once i found usb fone thing.

100 squat is gnna be gr8!

ReputationRep:
    you working assistance exercises?

hang snatch/snatch pull/drop snatch etc.?

found getting a solid drop snatch really gave me confidence to get the snatch right better. i think its only natural to have a bit of an issue about actually dropping yourself underneath a big weight.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.