The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
cowsgoquack
lol, yes if you have a good reason to shoot them
but me walking up to a policeman and going 'ive got a bomb oooogawoogaaa' isn't a good reason!

If you was that close to them then they would probably just try to restrain you, if you went running off and they had a gun then you could be asking for it.
Reply 221
Whats her mother doing letting her go meet people off the internet on her own when she's 12? Neglect much?
The bloke doesn't deserve his punishment really, as the judge pointed out he didn't groom or mislead her, she mislead him! He made an honest mistake which he'll sure as hell never make again! As such whats the point in putting him on the sex offenders register, he's not a sexual predator (in that sense anyway) nor a risk to society or young people so to punish him for 7 years (possibly indefinitely if he needs an enhanced CRB check as he may just well, given he wanted to study law) is irrational and inherently unjust.
Dannnnn
If you was that close to them then they would probably just try to restrain you, if you went running off and they had a gun then you could be asking for it.

I really dont think they would shoot me even if I ran off. Probably because im a sweet-looking girl though.
Idiot-Finder
Ok, not shot then.. arrested..

If you lie you deserve what you get.

My grandma said exactly that when she beat me for hiding my grandads slippers and then saying I forgot where they were AS A JOKE

p.s. mum didn't take us round there again
cowsgoquack
My grandma said exactly that when she beat me for hiding my grandads slippers and then saying I forgot where they were AS A JOKE

p.s. mum didn't take us round there again

Lol, there is a difference between doing something which is illegal, lie or not. And something which becomes legal with the lie.

Your an educated person, don't be so simplistic.
duracell
This is so true. And as a girl, I hate that fact that it is. I hate that some girls think they can claim it as rape just because in the morning they regret their decisions, and so ruin some guy's life. I also hate it because it treats the subject of rape too lightly - as in girls do ACTUALLY get raped, and to think the two scenarios are in any way equal is just... unacceptable.

Exactly. I personally think rape, is one of the worst crimes possible, and like many other crimes isn't punished harshly enough.

The likes of Harriet Harman would say,that it's a mans responsibility to make sure a girl consents but as has been shown in the past ,a minority of girls change their minds to save their own skin or malicious reasons.

I would ask Harriet Harman a question

1 Do you not think that girls can be given the same level of responsibility in terms of sexual relations as a guy,because you seem to suggest it's completely the males responsibility to ascertain consent? Could a drunken male never be taken advantage of by a sober or slightly less drunk female? Aren't you in effect being sexist towards women?By acting like they are natural victims, and don't in effect know their own minds?This attitude hardly does great things for womens lib.
cowsgoquack
I really dont think they would shoot me even if I ran off. Probably because im a sweet-looking girl though.

Nope, you'd just get a €400,000 bill for having to close the airport.

This actually happened.
marcusfox
Nope, you'd just get a €400,000 bill for having to close the airport.

This actually happened.

how would they expect me to pay that?
Idiot-Finder
Your an educated person

aww thanks! Thats the nicest thing anyone has said to me all day :blushing: :suith:
Reply 229
cowsgoquack

That could just be a disguise though :wink:
I guess the Police have to take everything seriously, it's like a five year old saying there mum killed their dad, they would probably think it is highly unlikely to be true coming from someone so young but they would still investigate something like that.

Same as they would probably wouldn't chance letting someone who possibly has a bomb to run off towards a large crowd of people. Better to be safe than sorry i suppose.
cowsgoquack
depends if that constitutes to a reasonable 'check' i guess

if I went up to a 7 year old in primary school and said are you 16 and they said yes - im not sure I would have a good argument for giving them a going-over.

If you went to a primary school then you will only find kids under 11.....
that's a poor analogy.

Why do you insist the blame is with the guy?
Dannnnn
That could just be a disguise though :wink:
I guess the Police have to take everything seriously, it's like a five year old saying there mum killed their dad, they would probably think it is highly unlikely to be true coming from someone so young but they would still investigate something like that.

Same as they would probably wouldn't chance letting someone who possibly has a bomb to run off towards a large crowd of people. Better to be safe than sorry i suppose.

no I agree you have to take things seriously, but you wouldnt go an arrest the person on the word of the kiddy

and you shouldnt shoot somone just because they said BOMB!

and you shouldnt belive girls.
(especially young slaggy ones)
the girl should be put on a fukin list
Reply 233
No, the girl should be punished.
bballer4life
that's a poor analogy.

no that was my whole point - you cant rely just on them saying they are 16! you need to use your noggin!

Because it clearly isn't his fault and without somone making a counterargument all a thread consists of is people going:

I agree!
Simply tewwible!
ditto!
Yes yes!
What a bitch of a girl. Stupid too - so many rapists aren't convicted at all, and pulling a stunt like this just gives the public more reasons to doubt when women claim they've been raped. This hardly helps strengthen cases like this. And I don't think that it's unbelievable that a 19 year old boy would want to have sex with a 16 year old girl he met on facebook. She clearly took measures to convince him that she was 16, and the judge concurred that she looked 16, was he supposed to tell her to bring a passport??
FistOfFedor
the girl should be put on a fukin list

Slag list.
menagerie
What a bitch of a girl. Stupid too - so many rapists aren't convicted at all, and pulling a stunt like this just gives the public more reasons to doubt when women claim they've been raped. This hardly helps strengthen cases like this. And I don't think that it's unbelievable that a 19 year old boy would want to have sex with a 16 year old girl he met on facebook. She clearly took measures to convince him that she was 16, and the judge concurred that she looked 16, was he supposed to tell her to bring a passport??

I've not actually read any report- did she actually claim she'd been raped? That'd be lul.

I just assumed somone found out and it got prosecuted as statutory rape.
bballer4life
that's a poor analogy.

She suggests you must ask them for ID as she would do, but then infers that she doesn't have to because she only dates "older men".
The girl was late home and when she arrived, she confessed to her mother what had happened.

Great conversation:

Mum: 'Where have you been?'
Daugther: '******* some guy.'

Latest

Trending

Trending