Turn on thread page Beta

Last night I went to see my friend's brother play at a bar in Bristol. It was me, and two other friends. One was driving so we weren't drinking majorly.

As it was life music, it was relatively loud, and being half deaf I would have struggled with the conversation anyway, but the music made it worse. I wasn't too annoyed as I'm used to it, but it did mean that when a guy came up to me and started chatting, I found it easier to talk to him [closer, only one voice to concentrate on] and therefore did. He bought me a drink and it was fun. I'm just worried that my friends felt I was abandoning them slightly to talk to this guy. Neither of them commented whilst we were there, but I still can't help but worry.

I mean, it's not like I intentionally went out on the pull- I was wearing skinny jeans, a t-shirt with snoopy on and converse, it was just coincidental. So, should I apologise or something? Or am I just worrying over nothing...?

ReputationRep:
    You're being way too paranoid. Just forget about it, i'm sure they'll say something if they are upset and then you can apologise and explain.

I'm sure you won't lose your friends because of something stupid like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was wearing skinny jeans, a t-shirt with snoopy on
    Are you male? This would explain the man coming on to you.

(Original post by Ivan91)
    Are you male? This would explain the man coming on to you.
    Female, so no, it's just a pretty lame and vaguely immature outfit from my POV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So, should I apologise or something? Or am I just worrying over nothing...?
    Maybe you should make contact with them & see if they're upset with you? Don;t see why they should be, though.

ReputationRep:
    You're worrying over nothing. You didn't dare to talk to another person, did you? Seriously, if one of your friends did that, would you disown her or something? Besides, they're your friends, so they probably know/understand that you were in a difficult sort of environment in terms of your hearing and stuff already, but at least you accompanied them despite you saying you're used to being a bit uncomfortable at times. I highly doubt it's anything to worry about. I'm wondering if they're acting in a particular way to make you think this, but even if they are, you're probably just reading into it too much.

(Original post by Stressworthy)
    You're worrying over nothing. You didn't dare to talk to another person, did you? Seriously, if one of your friends did that, would you disown her or something? Besides, they're your friends, so they probably know/understand that you were in a difficult sort of environment in terms of your hearing and stuff already, but at least you accompanied them despite you saying you're used to being a bit uncomfortable at times. I highly doubt it's anything to worry about. I'm wondering if they're acting in a particular way to make you think this, but even if they are, you're probably just reading into it too much.
    I mean they were talking about me but that's just because there's a running joke that I only talk to guys who are substantially younger than me/I'm a paedophile [I'm not, it's a running joke I swear] so they were making jokes to each other about how I was finally talking to someone who'd made it through puberty ¬_¬, but other than that nothing really.

And I suspected I was reading into it, but I've cocked up socially before and not realised it so I just wanted to check before I a) did nothing and got it in the neck or b) did something and looked stupid.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2010
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.