Turn on thread page Beta

HTC Wildfire internet questions watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've just got a HTC Wildfire:woo: but have a couple of questions regarding using internet.
    I haven't got a data allowance included in my contract so I'm only connecting to the internet at home using my wireless network via wifi, this is free right?

How do I make sure my phone is only connecting through wifi and not my network provider? Is there some sort of icon that would be displayed?

When I go somewhere where there is no wifi connecetion available and use apps that I've previously downloaded, will the phone connect to the internet and charge me?

ReputationRep:
    Yes using wi-fi is free, and if you do not want to be charged then go to wireless & networks and turn data roaming off, that way you can only use wi-fi to connect to the internet.

ReputationRep:
    WiFi free. Apps will connect to internet if they can. To stop this you need to go to internet settings and delete all the settings, either called Access Points or APN's. This wont affect the wifi but will stop it connecting to mobile internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffin.)
    I've just got a HTC Wildfire:woo: but have a couple of questions regarding using internet.
    I haven't got a data allowance included in my contract so I'm only connecting to the internet at home using my wireless network via wifi, this is free right?

How do I make sure my phone is only connecting through wifi and not my network provider? Is there some sort of icon that would be displayed?

When I go somewhere where there is no wifi connecetion available and use apps that I've previously downloaded, will the phone connect to the internet and charge me?
    I have just ordered mine and can not wait for it. How are you finding it? Love it or hate it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel_eyes)
    I have just ordered mine and can not wait for it. How are you finding it? Love it or hate it?
    LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE IT.
    Thanks for the replies. I downloaded apndroid and it seems to be working

ReputationRep:
    Theres an easier way to do it, hold down the power button and a list of options will pop up, click Mobile Network - Data connection is off/on. This will prevent it from using the 3G/HSPDA

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.