Turn on thread page Beta

eBay - requirements to open an account? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I am wondering what I need to have (in terms of payment methods etc) in order to open an eBay account? e.g. what payment methods are acceptable? do I have to have a credit card?

thank you in advance.

ReputationRep:
    You need a Paypal account, which is linked to your debit/credit card account

ReputationRep:
    You need a Paypal account I think. You don't need one to sell, as you can accept cheque, but if you're playing to buy, many stipulate paypal. Also, I think you can only pay you fee's via Paypal. You'll also need a Landline to authorise your account. That's all I think.

EDIT: No you don't need a credit card, a debit card will suffice.

Paypal all the way. It is by far the easiest system to both buy and sell with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pluuum)
    So I am wondering what I need to have (in terms of payment methods etc) in order to open an eBay account? e.g. what payment methods are acceptable? do I have to have a credit card?

thank you in advance.
    You have to be 18 years old

eBay account, depends on the seller payment method but most of majority of ebay users accept Paypal. You don't have to have a credit card to top up your Paypal balance but from my experience, just have a Paypal account as well and add your bank card (credit/debit) and off you go.

What people worry is...is it safe? well, ebay has a ebay buyer protection and always check your computer is safe, free from viruses, clean your cookies, etc, etc.

Nevertheless, you can always get a second card set up and only top up money on the amount you only need to buy something, therefore there will be ease of mind.

All requirements pretty much states on the ebays, registration page and ToC

ReputationRep:
    Get paypal. It is very efficient and easy to use. If you don't get one, it'll be harder for you to use ebay and I'd imagine some people would be put off buying stuff from you (if you're going to do that) aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Paypal is a must for eBay these days.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.