Laura wants to be stronger and fitter. Watch

Sorani
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I've already been cutting down since 30th of May, but thought I would start a blog because it would motivate me more to have people criticising/complimenting me. Please do give me constructive criticism if you feel I'm doing something wrong.

So as of 30th of May, I started exercising 30 minutes to an hour a day, I cut out chocolate, crisps, chips, pop (including diet), severely cut down on red meat and stopped any take-aways/convenience meals.

I'm 5'4" and I weighed 10 stone 6 when I started, and I took my measurements when I reached 10 stone 1, which was the 19th of June:

Bust: 36 inches
Waist: 32.5 inches
Left thigh: 24.5 inches
Right thigh: 24.5 inches
There isn't a hip measurement because I measured it wrong.

As of a few days ago, I'm 9 stone 9 and my measurements are:

Bust: 34 inches
Waist: 29.5 inches
Hips: 38.5 inches
Left thigh: 23 inches
Right thigh: 23 inches

As for exercise, I started off as a real dabbler. I have an exercise bike, so I used that, I did some running, dance, pilates, yoga and I consistently used weights but due to lack of money the heaviest I had was two 4.5kg dumbbells.

Luckily, I did get some birthday money and have bought myself a 15kg dumbbell and am following this (although slightly varied, as I don't have a barbell) plan: http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2...ipped-5x5.html I did workout A yesterday and my arms are feeling it today.

I will do this 3 times a week, most likely I'll fall into the pattern of Mon-Wed-Fri and will do cardio on the days inbetween, I mostly intend to do skipping, around 1000 skips a day, with some biking. Sunday is my rest day.

My diet isn't entirely varied, I fall into patterns easily and my staple meals tend to be:

- Stir-fry (chicken, noodles and mixed veg).
- Chicken, rice and veg (the rice is white, but I keep the portion very small).
- Prawns, rice and veg.
- Chicken sandwiches (wholemeal bread) and salad.
- Spaghetti bolgnese (with lean steak mince).
- Jacket potato (no butter) with mixed veg and salad.
- Salmon, mixed veg and salad.

I am a chicken fanatic, eat a skinless breast virtually every other day. I'm trying to up my fish intake, particularly salmon.

I snack on plain no-fat yoghurt, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, bananas, prunes, raisins, dried apricots, pineapple rings, sugar-free jelly and low-fat rice pudding. Not all together of course, generally I pick one fruit, and one handful of nuts or seeds, and throw them into the yoghurt or rice pudding. At the moment I think I hit about 1400-1500 calories a day. Oh, and I also drink around 2 litres of water a day, since I started working out I'm just so thirsty.

People already say I'm slimmer and my personal triumph is that I can now do 10 press-ups, I couldn't even do one before!

Okay, this is really long and I'm rambling. So, comments, criticisms, please?
Sorani
Rep:
?
Today was a bit all over the place, eating and exercising-wise. I didn't feel very well and have some achey muscles from yesterday's workout.

Breakfast
Yoghurt with raisins and hazelnuts

Lunch
Marmite on two slices of wholemeal toast

Dinner
Spaghetti Bolgnese

Snacks
Apple
French fries (boo)
Marmite breadsticks (more boo)
Pineapple rings

Drinks
Water, around 2 and a half litres.

Exercise
10 sets of 100 skips
Hour walk/light jog with dog

Luckily, I have plenty of fruit to snack on over the next few days so there won't be more of the bad stuff.
Sorani
Rep:
?
Ended up all over the place again, didn't get a proper lunch. Luckily am in all day tomorrow so am having a set lunch.

Breakfast
Weetos (I know, I hadn't got any porridge. Bought some now, though!)

Lunch
Low-fat yoghurt with kiwi, dragonfruit and a handful of seeds.

Tea
Chicken, noodles and mixed vegetables

Snacks
Protein bar
Banana

Drinks
Oatmilk (with protein powder)
Water, around 2 litres

Exercise
Workout B of the 5X5 program, due to lack of barbell substituted squats with goblet squats.

Might have a bit more protein before bed, just to fill myself. I'm going to weigh myself every Friday and take measurements once a month, so will (hopefully) have a new weight tomorrow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (116)
45.85%
Pro-humanity (137)
54.15%

Watched Threads