Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok I am currently on the train down to London/Guildford/Uni of Surrey with my laptop..which I got up at 5am to catch.. anyway yesterday my USB stick was working FINE and it has all my important documents on it that I have to hand in TODAY by 4pm and I need to work on it and print it out and it has stopped showing up on my computer!!! Please someone give me some advice/help I am really panicking because it's relevant to passing first year...
    MacBook Pro OS X version 10.6.4

I can't even find a smiley to encapsulate my feeling at the moment

ReputationRep:
    Try shutting down the Mac and booting it back up again.
    If that fails, maybe plug the stick in and try a spotlight search for the name of the stick or a name of a document inside it and see if you can find it that way.

ReputationRep:
    I had this problem once and I managed to get some guy sat across from me with a really expensive suit and laptop to let me try out my usb stick with his...

It's more likely to be an issue with software than hardware if that helps.
    If you have time, find an internet cafe (or a helpful stranger) and try out the USB

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.