Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically, as the title says (and i'm talking purely in dietary terms). Is it possible to achieve a Taylor Lautneresque physique (that being the upper limit of what i'd like to achieve AND maintain) without the use of any supplements at all?

If not, which are safe and advisable to use. I've already read quite a lot on this but i dont know what to trust, so just looking for some personal experience/advice.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Taylor Lautner isn't that big at all, so yeah, acheiving that sort of physique with no supplements is easily possible.

Supplements are safe to use, just don't over do them, even then, they won't neccesarily be that unsafe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noobcake)
    Basically, as the title says (and i'm talking purely in dietary terms). Is it possible to achieve a Taylor Lautneresque physique (that being the upper limit of what i'd like to achieve AND maintain) without the use of any supplements at all?

If not, which are safe and advisable to use. I've already read quite a lot on this but i dont know what to trust, so just looking for some personal experience/advice.

Thanks
    He's not big..

Yes, you can. I don't take a single supplement other than the occasional protein shake when I can't fit the protein I need in for the day. (I'm talking very occasional like once every 2 weeks)

ReputationRep:
    Supplements are just to supplement your diet, you shouldn't rely on them if you can avoid it.

ReputationRep:
    Taylor Lautner is pretty big bro - maybe you wanna be more realistic and try for a Ronny Coleman look at this stage?

http://www.images.hotusd.com/img/ronnie-coleman.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam.day)
    Taylor Lautner is pretty big bro - maybe you wanna be more realistic and try for a Ronny Coleman look at this stage?

cheers :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    LMAO all who think taylor luatner is natural are talking BS IMO. His muscle mass in the little time he had, no way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam.day)

Excellent lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mituozo)
    He's not big..

Yes, you can. I don't take a single supplement other than the occasional protein shake when I can't fit the protein I need in for the day. (I'm talking very occasional like once every 2 weeks)
    I hope you're not considering creatine. Stay away from those ******* steroids! I'm warning you now.

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHAHAAHAH this the funniest thread I've read in a while.

OP

1-Supplements are not vital, all they do is aid you diet, they do not make you grow muscles over night. You can easily go through your whole first year of training without supplements and grow fine with a good diet.
    2-LOL Taylor Lautner is not big.. and he's not natural, he had to take a hell of a lot of steroids in order to get in shape for filming in such a short space of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    I hope you're not considering creatine. Stay away from those ******* steroids! I'm warning you now.
    Oh, I'm not avoiding supplements because I have anything against them. I'd quite happily take all the supplements under the sun, I'm just saving money.. I'm at home so get my food for free, it's cheaper to raid the fridge than to get several kg of whey. :p:

I did used to have a couple of shakes a day, but I found I get the benefit of filling myself up too by eating more, which defo. helps with trying to keep cals down for cutting.

ReputationRep:
    there is absolutely no way that ronnie coleman is natural or anyone else as big as him, you think its natural to look that way?

ReputationRep:
    OP do you mean the guy with shaded on abs?

(Original post by cowsforsale)
    Whats wrong with creatine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamCamp)
    OP do you mean the guy with shaded on abs?

Whats wrong with creatine?
    Bad, your sarcasm detector is bad.

ReputationRep:
    If anything, I think if I was forced to go without protein powder I'd be better off. I'd be less lazy with my normal dietary protein intake knowing I had no crutch to fall back on.

ReputationRep:
    Don't take creatine. DON'T DO DRUGS!:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goodkat)
    Don't take creatine. DON'T DO DRUGS!:mad:

QFT! I talked to Frank, and he taught me the dangers of taking Creatine. I've been clean for 2 months now, and have finally got my life back on track. Thanks Frank!

ReputationRep:
    Some people dont know what they are talking about. If you drink Protein shakes studies show this can increase your muscle gains by DOUBLE. Apart from a good protein shake which shouldnt cost too much (try myprotein.co.uk) you dont need anything else except a good, varied diet and lots of carbs and protein

ReputationRep:
    the fact is, most people on here, want the ''ripped yet BIG figure'' and i can tell you this, from spending alot of time around bodybuilders, at bodybuilding competitions and having a family dedicated to bodybuilding, there is no one, or maybe1 in every 100 bodybuilders, who are not natural. Whether it be steroids, stacks, what ever, a diet and excercise is a little part for these big bodybuilders. Alot of there gains come from chemical enhancement. You will only get so far on a good diet and weight routine. Take my word for it. You do not enbark on a journey to become big and ripped if you stay natural.

And yes, people will always say there natural, fact of nature, BE THE BEST, but the truth is, no one wants to hear it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supfresh.)
    HAHAHAHAAHAH this the funniest thread I've read in a while.

OP

1-Supplements are not vital, all they do is aid you diet, they do not make you grow muscles over night. You can easily go through your whole first year of training without supplements and grow fine with a good diet.
    2-LOL Taylor Lautner is not big.. and he's not natural, he had to take a hell of a lot of steroids in order to get in shape for filming in such a short space of time.
    thanks

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.