To buy or not to buy? Watch

FrostyLemon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Haaai.

So, this is mainly for people already studying at Herts to answer, as they will have a better idea of how things work. I'm considering buying a bike to get between De Hav and College Lane, as I can imagine i'll be flittering between the two quite a lot. I know there's a bus service in operation though so maybe it's a bit pointless?

Also do you reckon it's worth buying a tv to go in my room? Do people who have them seem unsociable? I don't really want to come across like that but I don't want to be bored either!

Cheers people.
whyisthatcrazy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
don't get a tv just get a laptop with internet access sign up to tv catchup (its free and legal) where you can stream live tv. Also with all the online catch up services fro the majoirity of the 'good' channels theres no point paying for a tv license at uni
DoktaUH
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by whyisthatcrazy)
don't get a tv just get a laptop with internet access sign up to tv catchup (its free and legal) where you can stream live tv. Also with all the online catch up services fro the majoirity of the 'good' channels theres no point paying for a tv license at uni
Therefore needing a tv licence.
DoktaUH
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by FrostyLemon)
*snip*
Theres no harm in getting one, plus its better fo your health to cycle rather than sit on the bus. Make sure you get a decent lock though because there isn't really enough room to store a bike in your bedroom, and students would take it as a freebie if you leave it outside unlocked.
FrostyLemon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Thanks for the replies guys.
Dumpduck
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How many actually use bikes at Herts - or the UK for that matter? Hah, I was under the impression almost no one did. Whereas in Denmark it's almost like we have a cycling culture. Can bikes be left alone at Herts if they're locked and wired to something or do they get damaged/stolen anyways? Are their bike routes to north of London?

Sooo many questions.
DoktaUH
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Dumpduck)
How many actually use bikes at Herts - or the UK for that matter? Hah, I was under the impression almost no one did. Whereas in Denmark it's almost like we have a cycling culture. Can bikes be left alone at Herts if they're locked and wired to something or do they get damaged/stolen anyways? Are their bike routes to north of London?

Sooo many questions.

I'm around Portsmouth at the moment and there are tons of bikes around here.

Ofcourse you can leave your bike locked up, but its a lot more likely to be stolen/damaged off campus than it is on campus tbh.
Pop_tart
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Dumpduck)

Sooo many questions.
Hertfordshire is a lovely county to cycle in but don't forget that most roads do not have special cycle lanes, they do have some around hatfield but not many. So there are safety issues I guess XD but I see loads of people touring around actually now that the weather is so good

Like others said, make sure you lock your bike well. I don't think you should have major problems actually.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 6 Feb '19
    Sat, 16 Mar '19
    Fri, 14 Jun '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.5%
No (741)
72.5%

Watched Threads