Acer vs Sony S vs Sony Z Watch

lindieeluieee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Which of the following would you suggest I get for uni, my choices after looking thoroughly at whats on offer:
---
1. Acer Aspire Timelinex 5820TG
Pros: Large screen - 15.6" awesome for watching movies yet light
looks nice
Cheap - 700-800 Euros

Cons (from reviews): cheap, unergonomic keyboard
bad build quality

2.Sony Vaio S serie

Pros: Small and light, ultraportable
Lovely design (i like)
Good price: 1000-1200 Euros

Cons: washed out graphics it seems
a lot of bad reviews on the sound quality

3. Sony Z Serie
Pros: Pretty much everything on this machine is perfect except maybe the relatively shorter battery life and mb if the screen was a teeny bit larger...

Cons: big CON - price tag 1800 Euros!! But would be willing to spend it if it can hold and be worth the money

----
What do you guys think? Please, if you think there are better comps out there that fit my criteria better, do share your wisdom :yep:.
fourdigit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I own a Sony FW11E before my arrival at first day at university, now i have a Sony Z11, but nevertheless, i spent £800 on Sony FW11E, but wasn't necessary to spend so much on a laptop, i could i have either used the university resources computer or saved £300 more on night out, parties or saved up and opt for a £450/£500 laptop. Nevertheless, after finishing university, majority of students will end up in debt and be expected to pay it back....

so...now i take money little serious because i do spend spend spend. I would opt for Acer but it seems you prefer Sony S more. Sony Z, the keyboard layout is different to normal desktop QWERTY but its same as my FW11EU, widescreen but trackpad is small and square which is unusual....and its too overpriced, battery life is not 4 hours and 1/2 as stated, if your watching movies or doing high performance, you will expect 2hours and 1/2 from it, so don't get misleaded. 4 hours and 1/2 is for minimal task.

You can buy a larger battery life if you think 2 hours and 1/2 is not much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.87%
No (515)
72.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise