HELP: Casual Interview Clothes! Watch

robbo3045
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
OK, I have a second interview for quite a large company off of Soho tomorrow. In correspondence for my first interview, they told me
not to feel the need to get suited and booted, and that they are a casual office, so I went a bit smart casual. It was only an informal short interview.

But tomorrow I have an interview with one of the senior people of the company, and I have no idea what to wear. I don't want to go too smart, if everyone in the office is casual, and I don't want to go too casual to look like I haven't bothered.

Anyone got any ideas what I could wear for a smart casual sort of look?

I'm 22 and male if that helps :p:
robbo3045
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
bump bump bump di bump
Miss Behaving
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by robbo3045)
bump bump bump di bump
LOL :rolleyes:

well, im not that experienced with interviews so i wouldnt trust what i say completely. but how about some black jeans, a smartish tee-shirt and a nice jacket, with some black shoes?
(:Becca(:
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Maybe wear like a shirt with dark jeans and some nice shoes?
Care-Free
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
smart-ish jeans, maybe dark, long sleeved shirt with the top button undone and some smart shoes, its not over the top but still looks smart....
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
dark trousers, tee - shirt and a jacket
Care-Free
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
maybe dark jeans, plain white t-shirt and a dark blazer?
LandyJon
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Shirt and tie anyway mate. Show them you value their time of the day and that the interview actually means something.

Same scenario with me the other week for a College course I was applying for. The letter I had told me it was an informal interview but I went in with shirt, tie waistcoat and other appropriate clothing. Doesn't hurt to make an effort in my opinion.
user152713
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Trousers and shirt. End of.
Miss Behaving
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LandyJon)
Shirt and tie anyway mate. Show them you value their time of the day and that the interview actually means something.

Same scenario with me the other week for a College course I was applying for. The letter I had told me it was an informal interview but I went in with shirt, tie waistcoat and other appropriate clothing. Doesn't hurt to make an effort in my opinion.
Yeah - from what ive heard, it's better to be too smart than it is to be too casual :yep:
jessyfantastic90
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
dark jeans, top and jeans with a casual jacket
LandyJon
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Miss Behaving)
Yeah - from what ive heard, it's better to be too smart than it is to be too casual :yep:
I probably wouldn't go in with a top hat and tailcoat but for sure, being well presented gives you a better shot at a good outcome.
Jake22
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Suit - no tie. however casual the office is, I bet they still dress up for meetings. Your interview is a meeting with a senior guy.
samzurai
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
shirt not tucked in, with trousers, and no tie, with smart shoes got me a job lol,
theboilermantr15
Badges: 8
Report 8 years ago
Shirt, tie, trousers and maybe a V neck jumper.
Could go without the tie if you want to be more casual.
marcusfox
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No such thing as a casual interview unless its for collecting glasses down at your local dive.

Absolute minimum - Shirt and trousers.
Danti1988
Badges: 9
Report 8 years ago
I'd go with a suit. The guy who said not to dress to smart isn't the one interveiwing and tbh, if someone come to an interview I was giving not dressed smartly it would make a bad impression and first impressions matter.
Genocidal
Badges: 16
Report 8 years ago
Dress smart casual and if you see them all in suits just politely say sorry and say you were told to dress casually. They will most likely just laugh anything off.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed