The Student Room Group

higher and further education

What exactly does 'higher education' and 'further education' mean in terms of qualifications?

am I right in thinking:

higher education = GCSEs

further education = A-levels

?
Reply 1
Higher education = A-levels

Further Education = University
Reply 2
GCSEs are secondary education.

To put it in basic terms, HE refers to degrees (and similar) and FE refers to A-levels and diplomas (and similar).

A Google search for "what is the difference between further and higher education" revealed this.

davidmarsh01

Other way round.
Reply 3
nuodai
GCSEs are secondary education.

To put it in basic terms, HE refers to degrees (and similar) and FE refers to A-levels and diplomas (and similar).

A Google search for "what is the difference between further and higher education" revealed this.

Other way round.

not what the mcdonalds application form had on it

under higher education it gave me the option to choose what gcse grade I got for maths and english

and then under further education, it simply asked for subjects and qualifications :confused: ,
Reply 4
W.H.T
not what the mcdonalds application form had on it

under higher education it gave me the option to choose what gcse grade I got for maths and english

and then under further education, it simply asked for subjects and qualifications :confused: ,

Weird... well they must have got it wrong :p: Silly Maccy Ds.
Reply 5
Hello I'm starting an access to higher education course next month at college and would be 24 when i start uni, does anyone know of anyone that age or older that has gone away to uni?
mountford
Hello I'm starting an access to higher education course next month at college and would be 24 when i start uni, does anyone know of anyone that age or older that has gone away to uni?

This is the sort of thing you need to create a new thread for . . .

But yes, I know someone who went back to uni in her late 40's, and a few people closer to your age :smile:
Further education = A-Levels, BTEC Level 3 etc.

Higher education = University degree.
This website is interesting to know about further education and higher education courses it could be important to us about big decisions.
Reply 9
Original post by PHI16274280
This website is interesting to know about further education and higher education courses it could be important to us about big decisions.

Man, the last post was NINE years ago!
Original post by Mechie

Hello there Mechie!

I just wanted to know that what is the probability of universities accepting diploma students ? In your country[name] ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending