Feeling drunk, but I'm sober? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I feel kind of dizzy and basically like I've been drinking, but I'm completely sober. At first I thought it was because I missed a dose of buspirone, but I've taken the dose now and still feel the same. And besides, it takes more than a few hours for medication to leave your system.

Any ideas of what this could be/ how to feel "sober" again?
Glen_Nichols
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Tiredness can often cause similar effects.
py0alb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Light headed due to lack of food/standing up too quickly?
draikzer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You must be dying.
Bubble Toes
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Could be anything - lack of sleep, low blood sugar (see if it improves with eating), low blood pressure, dehydration, an ear infection... I feel like this before I get a migraine too sometimes!

Buspirone can also cause vertigo methinks which could explain this feeling. If it gets worse or you're concerned then you should go and see your GP.
TheMeister
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
the aura before a seizure?
Jennie1987
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Glen_Nichols)
Tiredness can often cause similar effects.
Yep, i had 4 hours sleep max before uni one day and I felt SO out of it, exactly like i had had a few drinks but obviously hadnt. I also get this as the odd side effect on some tablets - tablets I take all the time but only feel like this once or twice a year, very strange.

And yeh as Bubble Toes said you could just be out of balance with a number of things, blood sugar/pressure (again i get this particularly pressure if I havent eaten for a couple of hours or not yet had breakfast and then do exercise/shower which is apparently common in females particularly in teens/twenties).
renlok
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
go eat and sleep
jimbo139
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Had any grapefruit juice? It leads to dramatically increased plasma levels of buspirone.

Or it could possibly be a withdrawal reaction because of your delayed dose.

Or it might be a totally separate health problem.

I'd suggest if your feeling of drunkness gets any worse, or if it's not getting better after a couple of hours from now, or if you develop a headache, you should GO STRAIGHT TO A&E to be on the safe side.
isabellexxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
twitter
isabellexxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
im having a fit im in hosptail now with my mum and dad it compotion
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1585)
79.33%
Leave (413)
20.67%

Watched Threads