Remedies for marks on skin Watch

forensix
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I have a few blemishes over my body, particularly on my back, legs and bizzarely my hips, as a result of spots or surface cuts etc. They are little dark marks, like scars left afterwards. Can anybody suggest anything such as a cream or an ointment to fade them?

Any help much appreciated. Thanks!
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Would also appreciate an answer to this question, need something to get rid of acne scars without causing more acne!
Adamn
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Palmer's cocoa butter is relatively cheap, smells great and can help with blemishes and marks on skin. I use it for stretch marks. Makes your skin feel really soft afterwards.

A more expensive alternative is probably Bio Oil, but I've heard both do the same job.
ily_em
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Bio oil!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bio-Oil-3159.../dp/B0013G35KW

Seems expensive but a pot that size will last a long time as you only need a tiny amount, and it worked very well for me
lemoncake sucks
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Keep those areas well moisturied. Exfoilate as well, so new skin appears to the surface. You could try a bit of lemon mixed with some water.
OnlyMe!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Vitamin E
anti-duck
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I personally use Emu Oil and Green Cream Level 6 on my face, body-wise; any Retinoid is gonna do really.
loveina
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
bio oil. really.
darkred
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
errr... can you put bio oil on your face?
ghowardlove1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ily_em)
Bio oil!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bio-Oil-3159.../dp/B0013G35KW

Seems expensive but a pot that size will last a long time as you only need a tiny amount, and it worked very well for me
Completley agree!! Bio oil works really well
YoursSincerely
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm not expecting anything incredible but how long does it take to at least see results?
curlpower
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
Would also appreciate an answer to this question, need something to get rid of acne scars without causing more acne!
All the other suggestions are good but if you're worried about putting anything that feels too greasy on your skin, have you tried decleor- gel prolagene? I have it and it's not greasy at all and has never made my acne return.

I'm thinking about trying heal gel which is also supposed to be good for acne scarring, have you ever tried that?
CT.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by failingatm)
errr... can you put bio oil on your face?
I do. I'm pretty sure you can use it all over.
darkred
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CT.)
I do. I'm pretty sure you can use it all over.
Lol thanks for not laughing at me.

HAs it worked on your face then? Did it make is go nicer? Not that Im saying your face isn't nice already.
CT.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's a fair question!
It works pretty much he same all over. I put it on at night usually, I think it generally makes my skin better too..
And thank you, hehe
themanbearpig
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Bio oil does **** all.. its just a mixture of marketing spin, and a cult following.

Dont be fooled by the hype
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (146)
18.27%
No (486)
60.83%
Not really bothered about them (167)
20.9%

Watched Threads