Turn on thread page Beta
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I am looking to start a Paramedic Science (either BSc or FdSc) in 2 years time as a mature student.

I have wanted to be a paramedic since a school first aid course many years ago. By the time I start, I will have been a member of St John Ambulance for 12 years and a Community responder for 2.5 years.

I started a course in Operating Department Practice (for experience), and due to reasons out of my control may have to resit my final year. However, I really don't want to be an ODP after course experiences am contemplating dropping out upon resit notification. Will this affect my application towards the paramedic course?

I don't know whether I should just work for a few years (i'll find something medical) or whether I should complete the course with no money whatsoever?

I don't know what to do...:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Hey mate, if you want to be a paramedic then go for it. The fact that you have done sja for years and are a first responder too will help. If you can do some observing with your local ambulance service, u should be able to get on through responding then that will also help. The fact that youve done most of an odp course will help too. Id try and finish the course if poss mate. If thats out the question then just apply anyway. Im sure youll be fine on what youve got.

I start at JMU in Liverpool in September, if i can get on so can u. Ive done sja for years, have worked for the nhs for 5 years and have over 200 hours observing.

Hope this helps
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Mickyjim)
    Hey mate, if you want to be a paramedic then go for it. The fact that you have done sja for years and are a first responder too will help. If you can do some observing with your local ambulance service, u should be able to get on through responding then that will also help. The fact that youve done most of an odp course will help too. Id try and finish the course if poss mate. If thats out the question then just apply anyway. Im sure youll be fine on what youve got.

I start at JMU in Liverpool in September, if i can get on so can u. Ive done sja for years, have worked for the nhs for 5 years and have over 200 hours observing.

Hope this helps
    Thanks for this Mickyjim - this has been really helpful!
    I just have to sit and wait till Thursday now to see if I have to resit the year!! :eek3:

Badger

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 2, 2010

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.