The Student Room Group
tanusha-tomsk
Hello!
Could anyone tell me what economics lecturers are like? Especially the ones who will possibly interview me?... Sidney Sussex in particular. Thanks! And also, what kind of test do they give you at the interview? For economics, i mean? Thank you

The people who interview you, while being academics, may not be lecturers.

MB
musicbloke
The people who interview you, while being academics, may not be lecturers.

MB

So academics don't have to lecture, if they expressly wish not to? :eek: I thought everyone had to lecture for sometime....
Reply 3
Quite a few academics are college rather than university staff, so the only teaching they do will be supervisions.
Reply 4
tanusha-tomsk
Hello!
Could anyone tell me what economics lecturers are like? Especially the ones who will possibly interview me?... Sidney Sussex in particular. Thanks! And also, what kind of test do they give you at the interview? For economics, i mean? Thank you

Can't tell you about lecturers, but I can name the economics fellows at Sidney. In terms of interviews, you'll probably get Max Beber, the economics DoS. There's also a non-academic interview, usually done by Richard Partington, the admissions director; or Keith Straughan, the Senior Tutor. I don't think Alan Hughes interviews, not sure about Mike Pollitt. They'll let you know who's interviewing you when you get your dates, so you can find out more about them beforehand. As teaching is done by the faculties and you can be supervised outside college, you shouldn't worry about Sidney fellows specifically.
Thanx everyone!

Latest

Trending

Trending