Regular diet Watch

Tomac
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey TSR :]

Alright, so i'm about 6ft 1, weigh around 72-75kg.
Footballer/Basketballer, usually do 2 hours of exercise a day.

I'm just wondering, could any post a suitable and healthy diet which would promote muscle mass growth? I need a diet which I can follow daily.

Aiming to shape my 8 ab's more and just have a bigger muscle tone.
:rolleyes:

Quote me when replying please and thank you.
kratos90
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tomac)
Hey TSR :]

Alright, so i'm about 6ft 1, weigh around 72-75kg.
Footballer/Basketballer, usually do 2 hours of exercise a day.

I'm just wondering, could any post a suitable and healthy diet which would promote muscle mass growth? I need a diet which I can follow daily.

Aiming to shape my 8 ab's more and just have a bigger muscle tone.
:rolleyes:

Quote me when replying please and thank you.
Can you post your current diet please? And I got 5 warnings because Chocoholics jealous of my elite genetics? WTF
Tomac
Rep:
?
(Original post by kratos90)
Can you post your current diet please? And I got 5 warnings because Chocoholics jealous of my elite genetics? WTF
Well, usually for breakfast it's either a bowl of Frosties cereal or a chicken breast sandwich with low fat butter.
For lunch I usually have pasta or rice.
Dinner it's either Rice/Pasta or Chicken.
For snacks I have chocolate bars sometimes :o:
Thanks.
Ivan91
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tomac)
Well, usually for breakfast it's either a bowl of Frosties cereal or a chicken breast sandwich with low fat butter.
Thanks.
Eat eggs and quaker's oats for breakfast, Frosties are for 8 year olds.

There are stickies with bulking diets on here too.
kratos90
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tomac)
Thanks.
:eek: And you do 2 hours of exercise a day? How on Earth do you maintain that weight? So sometimes you have just rice for dinner?

I'll post my bulking diet:
Breakfast: 100g oats, 300ml milk, 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg, tea
mid-morning: 50g nuts, protein shake, apple
lunch: 100-150g pasta, with a tin of salmon, or tuna, or equiv. in cheese, tangerine or some sandwiches on wholemeal
5.00pm: sirloin steak, or 2 chicken breasts, or 2 salmon fillets, brocolli, brown rice, sweet potato, wholemeal bread
8.00pm: peanut butter on 3 slices wholemeal bread
before bed: tub of cottage cheese, milk, 1 fruit

Add 3 pints of whole milk throughout the day. Piece of fruit immediately pre-workout and immediately post-workout a banana and protein.
Tomac
Rep:
?
:eek: And you do 2 hours of exercise a day? How on Earth do you maintain that weight? So sometimes you have just rice for dinner?

lunch: 100-150g pasta, with a tin of salmon, or tuna, or equiv. in cheese, tangerine or some sandwiches on wholemeal
5.00pm: sirloin steak, or 2 chicken breasts, or 2 salmon fillets, brocolli, brown rice, sweet potato, wholemeal bread

Add 3 pints of whole milk throughout the day. Piece of fruit immediately pre-workout and immediately post-workout a banana and protein.
Not just rice :p:
But I do tend to eat a lot whilst uni is up :o:
ch0c0h01ic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
And I got 5 warnings because Chocoholics jealous of my elite genetics? WTF
Elite genetics? Let's give you an example of genuine elite genetics - Mike Tyson was over 200lbs and a promising amateur boxer at the age of just 14 (without any hardcore training or supplements). Where were you at this age? Less than 119lbs and running cross country - that isn't indicative of elite genetics, in fact that is a strong argument for the opposite. Sure you've made good progress (if we assume that everything you have claimed is true) but that in itself isn't evidence of 'elite genetics', it's evidence of training and dieting hard.

As for your warning it was for your persistent rudeness and ignorance which you have been warned about multiple times previously and which dates back several months. Sort out your attitude and the warnings will wane.
kratos90
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ch0c0h01ic)
Elite genetics? Let's give you an example of genuine elite genetics - Mike Tyson was over 200lbs and a promising amateur boxer at the age of just 14 (without any hardcore training or supplements). Where were you at this age? Less than 119lbs and running cross country - that isn't indicative of elite genetics, in fact that is a strong argument for the opposite. Sure you've made good progress (if we assume that everything you have claimed is true) but that in itself isn't evidence of 'elite genetics', it's evidence of training and dieting hard.

As for your warning it was for your persistent rudeness and ignorance which you have been warned about multiple times previously and which dates back several months. Sort out your attitude and the warnings will wane.
But no doubt he will have eaten like a beast. I was brought up eating tiny amounts and it was almost torturous changing that so it is impossible to know what my genetics would have allowed me to naturally turn into if I had been on his diet. I have done strength training and HIIT and got a 100m sprint of 11.5 seconds now. I think that says quite a lot about my genetics because most people could strength train, do HIIT and eat more, but not get to that speed.
DanBear92
Report 8 years ago
I was lower than 11.5 seconds in my prime high school days read it and weep lol
For OP any diet that is high in protein (1-1.5g to lb of bodyweight) about the same carbs and the rest fat, low in sugar and is enough calories to maintain ur mass or go up in weight (approx 15x ur bw in lbs) plus wteva calories ur losing from ur activity will do.
But getting bigger muscles will result in having to weigh more which means increase in calories and fat gains so less definition
"Toning" muscles will mean less calories, smaller more defined muscles and weighing less.
Choice is yours
MattGriff
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Strong and unessesary amounts of protien there bub, carbs are the bulking friend.
logic123
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
actually Kartos has a spot on diet, one opf the best ive seen, its clean, good amounts of protein and good amounts of carbs.
MattGriff
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by logic123)
actually Kartos has a spot on diet, one opf the best ive seen, its clean, good amounts of protein and good amounts of carbs.
For Broscience maybe, for actual science then it is far from optimal.
logic123
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
how is it not good, thats a a better diet then 99/9% of the population have, so whats your point?
MattGriff
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by logic123)
how is it not good, thats a a better diet then 99/9% of the population have, so whats your point?
I belive if you care to read I stated it was far from optimal.

How in your head does this equate to 'not good' and then comparing it to the general population while we are discussing bukling diets?
kratos90
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MattGriff)
Strong and unessesary amounts of protien there bub, carbs are the bulking friend.
There is at least 80g carbs for breakfast with the milk, then I can't be bothered working out the rest, but the other carb sources are nuts, pasta, a minimum of 5 slices of wholemeal bread, brown rice, sweet potato, peanut butter, all the fruit and veg and 3 pints of milk. I think that's plenty of carbs for most people who come here looking to bulk, but the total calories are most important for weight gain.

It's probably not optimum but the large amounts of protein is making sure that you are getting the most possible growth from your workout.

I am willing to accept constructive criticism though. Please point out what changes you would make.
MattGriff
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's probably not optimum but the large amounts of protein is making sure that you are getting the most possible growth from your workout.
Why is that then?
kratos90
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why is that then?
Because not enough protein means your muscles won't repair and grow as much as if you had enough protein. It is hard to know how much is optimal so it's better to be in excess to make sure and you are also getting extra calories from protein anyway. Anyway, you didn't answer my question about improvements. Please post either your diet or your 'optimal' diet so we can all learn something.

And I hope you didn't misinterpret, 'most possible growth from your workout' as 'most possible growth', i.e I'm not saying if your your workout is **** and you consume this, that you will get the most possible muscle growth that you can, because your workout needs to be good with challenging weights and compound lifts. But whatever workout you do, to get the most muscle growth after that workout you need lots of protein. Simples. And of course carbs, fats and vitamins, which my diet has. Not to mention water and rest. And I'm talking about optimal growth without steroids. If you are assuming from that quote that I meant plenty of protein is the only thing necessary for optimal muscle growth after the previous posts in this thread then you are an idiot.

But instead of being an ass and saying stuff like, 'why is that then'? Back your comments up with reasons why you think large amounts of protein does not make sure that you are getting the most possible growth from your workout.

I don't know everything. But post something constructive and informative and if your going to imply something is wrong (like above), tell us reasons why it is wrong or GTFO.
ch0c0h01ic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
But no doubt he will have eaten like a beast.
In all honesty no, his genetics enabled him to maintain a significantly higher muscle mass and performance base than average with very little performance training or hardcore dieting - that is genuine evidence of 'elite genetics'.

I was brought up eating tiny amounts and it was almost torturous changing that so it is impossible to know what my genetics would have allowed me to naturally turn into if I had been on his diet.
Sure you responded well to a good diet but that is because previously it was well below par.

If you had good genetics you wouldn't be walking around at 175lbs and deadlifting 150kg after over a year of training and dieting - you would have started at a higher weight and strength level and you would have ended at a much higher weight and strength level after over a year of training.

I have done strength training and HIIT and got a 100m sprint of 11.5 seconds now. I think that says quite a lot about my genetics because most people could strength train, do HIIT and eat more, but not get to that speed.
You're mistaking why most people never achieve an 11.5 time or deadlift 200kg - it isn't because they don't have the genetic potential. The vast majority of people don't properly dedicate their time and effort to anything, if they did then most people at their peak should be able to deadlift 200kg or run an 11.5.
MattGriff
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Because not enough protein means your muscles won't repair and grow as much as if you had enough protein. It is hard to know how much is optimal so it's better to be in excess to make sure and you are also getting extra calories from protein anyway. Anyway, you didn't answer my question about improvements. Please post either your diet or your 'optimal' diet so we can all learn something.

And I hope you didn't misinterpret, 'most possible growth from your workout' as 'most possible growth', i.e I'm not saying if your your workout is **** and you consume this, that you will get the most possible muscle growth that you can, because your workout needs to be good with challenging weights and compound lifts. But whatever workout you do, to get the most muscle growth after that workout you need lots of protein. Simples. And of course carbs, fats and vitamins, which my diet has. Not to mention water and rest. And I'm talking about optimal growth without steroids. If you are assuming from that quote that I meant plenty of protein is the only thing necessary for optimal muscle growth after the previous posts in this thread then you are an idiot.

But instead of being an ass and saying stuff like, 'why is that then'? Back your comments up with reasons why you think large amounts of protein does not make sure that you are getting the most possible growth from your workout.

I don't know everything. But post something constructive and informative and if your going to imply something is wrong (like above), tell us reasons why it is wrong or GTFO.
So how many grammes of protien is the body actually able to use drug free?

While protien is required to repair muscles that are damaged there is something you are missing in your explanation.
To have a truely effective workout you require sufficent carbs, and to then recover the first thing the body needs is again carbs.

Optimal ratios for people trying to gain lean mass is around 5-7g carbohydrate per kg of bodyweight, after a few weeks of this you will note the difference in what happens during your workout.
Only with sufficient carbs is protien even utilised to repair, without it the protien becomes used as energy first and foremost.

Don't worry bub, I'm not likely to make the misinterpretations you are suggesting. I have been doing this far to long, with far to many world champions and have seen and heard all of this 'Protien, protien, protien' a million times over.
kratos90
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So how many grams of protein is the body actually able to use drug free?

While protein is required to repair muscles that are damaged there is something you are missing in your explanation.
To have a truely effective workout you require sufficent carbs, and to then recover the first thing the body needs is again carbs.

Optimal ratios for people trying to gain lean mass is around 5-7g carbohydrate per kg of bodyweight, after a few weeks of this you will note the difference in what happens during your workout.
Only with sufficient carbs is protein even utilised to repair, without it the protein becomes used as energy first and foremost.

Don't worry bub, I'm not likely to make the misinterpretations you are suggesting. I have been doing this far too long, with far too many world champions and have seen and heard all of this 'Protein, protein, protein' a million times over.
Where have I implied you don't need sufficient carbs to bulk? And you still haven't explained why I was wrong in saying it's better to have excess protein than not enough. And you still haven't posted an improved diet.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (173)
67.58%
No (83)
32.42%

Watched Threads