Where's your handbag from? Watch

littlehobbit
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
My handbag is coming to its end I got it from a gorgeous little boutique, but now it's time to get a new one. I've looked at Paul's Boutique - love the ellie one! and Cath Kidston, but her collection is quite small at the moment!

So - where is your handbag from? Can you recommend any good makes?

Thank you!
MadameBonheur
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Have you tried John Lewis? I've never had a bag from there, but a couple of friends were talking about them the other day. I imagine they're quite expensive though.

Mine at the mo is from New Look, but like yours, it really needs replacing. It's been really sturdy and fab - couldn't fault it. I really like this one. http://www.monsoon.co.uk/Cross-Body-.../invt/68962741 It's expensive, but seeing as bags tend to last me about 3 years I'd rather spend a bit more.

Good luck finding something!
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I buy all mine from a vintage shop. I won't buy new handbags any more, they just aren't the same quality imo.
Popppppy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have two bags from House of Fraiser, and a satchel from Topshop. None are real leather though
dogtanian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have one from Cath Kidston, and one from Osprey.

The Cath Kidston bucket bags are a good size and very sturdy, if you like that sort of thing. It's a floral oilcloth though, so I have my black leather Osprey one if I have to look classy and that. I have an Osprey outlet nearby so got it for £45, which was 80% off. :coma:
Sakura-Chan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have a few different messenger bags from Topshop, and this - http://www.cathkidston.co.uk/p-14416...addle-bag.aspx (but in green not blue, it's gorgeous!)

I had a floral Cath Kidston messenger bag but I sold it on eBay because it was absolutely enormous and I never got around to using it because it made me look really weird :sad:
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My Main handbag is Marc Jacobs, given to me as a present from my Boyfriends Mum.
tikkitak
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My favourite handbags are Nica ones. Sometimes you have to have a bit of a search for good ones, but I absolutely adore the ones I have. They last forever as well. Slightly on the expensive side though.
You can get them from John Lewis and Debenhams I think.
Vampire-Love4ever
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Cartier great quality!
annieeeeeee
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
current main one is marc jacobs, but i just bought a french connection one, they've got a sale on. look on the website its awesome! quite a lot of designers have mid season sales at the moment too, its a good time to get a bargain. you just missed the net-a-porter sale tho!
purpleberry
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Don't I feel really cheap after reading all these comments- New Look
kinkajou
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Heyrauld and Ted Baker at the mo
Cessie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The two I'm using at the mo... one is a beige faux leather Mischa Barton one with a really pretty pattern on. The other I got from TK Maxx and it's grey faux leather with fringing.
(:Becca(:
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I <3 my Radley bag.
You can get them in Debenhams and House of Fraser.
duracell
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The one I use most often is one from Camaieu in France, had it about 2 years now so it's a bit rough around the edges but it does the job. When I'm at uni, I generally just use a cotton tote (of which I have about 5). Otherwise, have a small shoulder bag I've had from M&S for about 3-4 years and a similar one from Topshop which I've had for 7-8 years.
Eclipseeh
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by purpleberry)
Not as cheap as me! :p: - Primark

Personally i'm more into expensive clothes or jewelry than handbags...plus the fact i'm a poor student lol.
student61
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My main one is a Mulberry Bayswater.

Also use a River Island one.

For a smaller, over-the-shoulder one if I'm travelling lightly, I found a cute little one in a charity shop.
yoursummerchild
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Barcelona >.<
its big and covered in chuppa-chup lollies...mmm.
has to be my favourite bag recently.
sungirl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Mango, Zara, Topshop and one black little elegant clutch from Chanel, my sister's present but I used it once or twice because I don't actually need it.
Annie72
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by purpleberry)
Me too, mine was £9 from Primark :p:
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (206)
18.61%
No (673)
60.79%
Not really bothered about them (228)
20.6%

Watched Threads