Joining the Lumsden Club Watch

torrance91
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I'm starting at st andrews in september and was wondering if anyone can share some information on joining the lumsden club? it looks like it would be a really fun and social thing to join and i'm keen to do so, so just wondering what would be in store in the application process?!
Sambo2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by torrance91)
I'm starting at st andrews in september and was wondering if anyone can share some information on joining the lumsden club? it looks like it would be a really fun and social thing to join and i'm keen to do so, so just wondering what would be in store in the application process?!
lets hope they don't have a test on using the search function (there was a thread on this last year, and you can be certain no lumsden members use TSR )
duracell
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
In the whole of my first year, I only came across one person who was in the Lumsden Club. She was a friend of my roommate (who I did NOT get on with) - and was very rich and very American. So I'm guessing you have to be posh and/or rich for starters...
Sarah8619
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
I think you also have to be a first year student. They have a websitee where it says every year they recruit 10 new students. http://www.lumsdenclub.co.uk/The_Lum...b/Contact.html
chester.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I know of 2 girls who got into Lumsden when we were in halls. I didn't ever speak to them, but knew them because of how small McIntosh is. They were of the 'yah' persuasion, but seemed to nice enough girls. But yeah, you have to be first year and have a charitable disposition etc...I think the recruitment consists of several interviews.
Oxy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They were at the societies fayre, you can speak to them there.
Lucia.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They approach you as well and give you an invitation to attend a drinks evening. I see reps from both Kate Kennedy and Lumsden outside my hall of residence during Orientation Week. You'll probably be able to find them somewhere.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (54)
28.88%
No - I got the required grades (110)
58.82%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.3%

Watched Threads