The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Private Accommodation + Payments

Going mental at the moment trying to sort accommodation out, got rejected from Cambridge Halls for living too close (pssh)

The choices I have are New Medlock, Kincardine Court and Student Village. Anyone have some information about them before I make my mind up? Student Village seems a good choice because of the price but New Medlock looks rather nice so I am not sure at the moment.

Also about the pricing, how do they expect us to pay so much before we even have our grants etc. I did the price check thing on the New Medlock website and the first installment is: 22/08/2010 £646.63 :eek3:

Hope someone can calm me down haha :biggrin:
Get an overdraft before that and your loan will go back into your bank so you'll still pay the same anyway, unless you don't want an overdraft. I'm going into Ocean House, looks pretty rad
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Ah ok thanks I will have to see if I can get one, hopefully I can. Going to go look at Kincardine, New Medlock and Park View next week. Gone off Student Village after reading the reviews, although at this rate I will be ending up there!
Student Village aren't all that bad. Its great for the price. You can't expect a student to live it up in a high quality apartment. I'd rather spend less on accommodation and the rest on going out plus its super close to the uni buildings.
Reply 4
I'm in New Medlock and have a £1700 payment on the 22/08/10... that could be interesting xD.

I rang the accounts dept and they said that they'll try to take the money on the 22nd, but if it's not there then they'll send letters and you get charged on the 3rd one :s-smilie:.

Atm, i'm probably looking at borrowing money from parents to pay the first installment, then pay them back as soon as i get my student loan.

Hope this helps!

Latest

Trending

Trending