The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Tashalls
I used to be much skinnier, have no boobs and get comments like people asking me if i'm anorexic or not. I'm a size 8/10 now and would still rather people call me anorexic then a fat pig... the second is a million times more offensive. Anorexic is a curable mental disorder which people say with a sympathetic tone, fat pig is just horrible.

Not that eithers nicem I just think fat people have it a lot harder.

Plus when I was very skinny women on TV would still look like me and be aspired to, it's easier in this way to stay grounded if your insulted for being skinny.

Well personally, I won't ever be very fat (anytime soon) and I cannot physically put on any more weight at the moment. And people don't comment on MY weight sympathetically (from personal experience) and have referred to me as disgusting (which I would say is horrible wouldn't you?), accused me of being bulimic and called me a liar and scoffed at me when I said I wasn't. So I think that is very offensive to be honest. Anorexia is a very serious mental condition that can be recovered from but you still have the mental tendencies of it actually, it's very rarely completely cured, it's just people can overcome the urges. But on that point - being overweight is "curable" too (most of the time unless a very serious condition) so some people don't HAVE to be fat and some don't HAVE to be skinny - but that point you made applies to both weights, not just being thin.
I'm not saying fat people don't have it hard, but they certainly don't have it harder in every case. I certainly didn't get "sympathetic" comments, I'm not at my thinnest now, but when I was people were very rude.
CB91
:facepalm2:

I bet you have your 5 a day too, don't you?

Yep. :smile:
(:Becca(:
Yep. :smile:

Gullible. :facepalm2:
Reply 143
Milky Milk
As they do. So those who make themselves either fat or thin I don't give sympathy for. I don't like anorexics, just like obese people give a bad name for larger girls they give a bad name for skinnier girls.

It's hardly an arguement - A discussion more or less.

I know you might not see it as an arguement but others on TSR do and im sick of people negging me becuase they dont agree withme so i chose not to do to deep into anything its nothing personally to you or this thread :smile:
Curvy women have small waists, they aren't fat.
fidelity_blue
Well personally, I won't ever be very fat (anytime soon) and I cannot physically put on any more weight at the moment. And people don't comment on MY weight sympathetically (from personal experience) and have referred to me as disgusting (which I would say is horrible wouldn't you?), accused me of being bulimic and called me a liar and scoffed at me when I said I wasn't. So I think that is very offensive to be honest. Anorexia is a very serious mental condition that can be recovered from but you still have the mental tendencies of it actually, it's very rarely completely cured, it's just people can overcome the urges. But on that point - being overweight is "curable" too (most of the time unless a very serious condition) so some people don't HAVE to be fat and some don't HAVE to be skinny - but that point you made applies to both weights, not just being thin.
I'm not saying fat people don't have it hard, but they certainly don't have it harder in every case. I certainly didn't get "sympathetic" comments, I'm not at my thinnest now, but when I was people were very rude.

Oh I wasn't saying it wasn't bad and obviously an insult is still an insult, but whatever you say I still would prefer to be called to skinny then fat. What I meant by it being sympathetic is that when people see someone fat they think 'slob', 'lazy', 'greedy' etc etc whereas with skinny they think of a mental condition, and that maybe they need help but their personality isn't attacked. Hard to explain but it just seems colder to me.

Then again i'm sorry people were horrible, i've aways thought people who think it's socially ok to comment on someones appearence like that has a few issues themselves. Thinking about it the only people who called my anorexic where either very skinny themselves, or overweight.
here we go again. It's nice to see that people are starting to realise the difference after being hammered about it for the last year and a half. So one more time so no-one's confused:

Curvy= big hips, small waist, big breasts i.e. hourglass
Fat= big everything!

I blame newspapers for the lack of understanding this simple point.
(:Becca(:
I'm not joking, the level of fat on them physically disgusts me. (yes, I'm fat, and yes, my own level of fat disgusts myself, but I am trying to lose weight).
While Kate Moss isn't facially attractive, I think she has a good body.

You evidently have no idea. They are in no way fat your just another brainwashed child who thinks anorexia is a fashion statement.

Learn about the facts. Beyonce is perfect she has the correct weight and body shape. Kate Moss is underweight.
rj1990
Noitice so far it is nearly all females that have reply'd saying it is true men like curvy women.

Well, I don't think it is true. Personally I'd prefer a slim/skinny rather than curvy!

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but the only people that say Men like curvy women.....are women! IT'S TRUE!

Because CURVY is a new word for fat.

For example;

She's slim but curvy;

But, unfortunatley, this is what most 'curvy' is referred to;

^I'm sorry, but that is NOT curvy. That's borderline fat.
They obviously mean big boobs/butt, not overweight.
Reply 150
FranticMind
You evidently have no idea. They are in no way fat your just another brainwashed child who thinks anorexia is a fashion statement.

Learn about the facts. Beyonce is perfect she has the correct weight and body shape. Kate Moss is underweight.

I agree with saying she is the correct weight but it's unfair to say the correct body shape; it is great but unfortunately for some women it's impossible to be that shape.
Reply 151
Kash:)
FFS not another one of these ******* threads.

You didn't have to open the thread, or respond to it.
It's in an appropriate forum, leave and let be.:rolleyes:
Reply 152
warhol
You didn't have to open the thread, or respond to it.
It's in an appropriate forum, leave and let be.:rolleyes:

What you on about?
Reply 153
ArcaneAnna
Because CURVY is a new word for fat.

For example;

She's slim but curvy;

But, unfortunatley, this is what most 'curvy' is referred to;

^I'm sorry, but that is NOT curvy. That's borderline fat.

Boderline, I think it's a bit over the border.
Reply 154
Version 1: Lady with curves:

Version 2: Thin lady with curves:
CB91
:coma: is all im gonna say.

:coma:

Are you a chubby chaser :eek: Fat boobs and legs are not attractive to most people.
All women have curves.
BadRomance222
Are you a chubby chaser :eek: Fat boobs and legs are not attractive to most people.

Pixie Lott isn't fat you tool. :eyeball:

And she has amazing legs. :coma:
CB91
Pixie Lott isn't fat you tool. :eyeball:

And she has amazing legs. :coma:

She isn't fat but she has an average figure, you obviously have low standards. Those legs look big and shapeless.
BadRomance222
She isn't fat but she has an average figure, you obviously have low standards. Those legs look big and shapeless.

And you're obviously blind.

Latest

Trending

Trending