Urgent reply needed: What date do Freshers move in? Watch

FretFul
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I know freshers week starts on the 27th, but when do most students move in?
I'm_Unsafe.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
http://www.soton.ac.uk/accommodation...sotonwhen.html

this is how it worked last year. So I'm guessing it will be a similar setup over the 25th/26th this year.
Shebzski
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It'll be the weekend before freshers begins. Normally Girls in the morning and Boys in the afternoon.
laurenlodge
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Found this a few days ago.....(attachment).

I assume it's vaguely right/I'm allowed to post this!
Attached files
Lauren_Alexandra28
Report 8 years ago
On your accommodation offer, it states what day to move in. When you get there you go to the main reception (loads of helpers will be around) to collect your halls keys and get told what flat you are in. This year freshers are moving in on the 25th/26th
rebeccaj
Report 8 years ago
if it is the same as last year... if you have an ensuite room then you will move in on the saturday (25th) with girls in the morning, guys in the afternoon and then all other room types move in on the sunday (26th) with girls in the morning, guys in the afternoon. hope that helps!
.ACS.
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Apparently those in South Hill move in on Sunday the 26th, the same day as most non en suite accommodation.

Just out of curiosity, though, where does one pick up their keys for South Hill accommodation? On the Chamberlain/South Hill/Hartley Grove complex? Or over in the main Glen Eyre complex?
Shebzski
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
At a little open reception in Chamberlain (apparently its only purpose throughout the whole year).
jessie01
Report 8 years ago
Usually the weekend before freshers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (238)
27.23%
No (636)
72.77%

Watched Threads